%u and %M in iPlanet LDAP Authenticator member filter configuration - Weblogic

This is a discussion on %u and %M in iPlanet LDAP Authenticator member filter configuration - Weblogic ; This is a question for BEA Weblogic server 8.1 SP2. When one configures iPlanet LDAP Authenticator for Authentication, one can configure the member filter in the membership as "(&(member=%M)(objectclass=groupofnames))" where %M will be replaced by the login user's DN, one ...

  1. %u and %M in iPlanet LDAP Authenticator member filter configuration

    This is a question for BEA Weblogic server 8.1 SP2.

    When one configures iPlanet LDAP Authenticator for Authentication, one can configure the member filter in the membership as
    "(&(member=%M)(objectclass=groupofnames))" where %M will be replaced by the login user's DN, one can also configure the user filter in the user
    as "(&(uid=%u)(objectclass=person))" where %u will be replaced by the login user's username . Is there anyway that %u can be also used in the member filter or some other way the username can be referenced in the member filter? If not, is this a bug ? Can this feature be available?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: %u and %M in iPlanet LDAP Authenticator member filter configuration

    hi

    we were faced with the same problem and found that weblogic doesnt
    substitue the parameters.

    We decided to write our own authorization provider since changing the
    ldap schema was not an acceptable solution

    anand raman
    Jun Hu wrote:
    > This is a question for BEA Weblogic server 8.1 SP2.
    >
    > When one configures iPlanet LDAP Authenticator for Authentication,

    one can configure the member filter in the membership as
    > "(&(member=%M)(objectclass=groupofnames))" where %M will be replaced

    by the login user's DN, one can also configure the user filter in the
    user
    > as "(&(uid=%u)(objectclass=person))" where %u will be replaced by the

    login user's username . Is there anyway that %u can be also used in
    the member filter or some other way the username can be referenced in
    the member filter? If not, is this a bug ? Can this feature be
    available?

    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread