I like to know if LDAP or RDBMS will be good in configuring J2EE applications Security and the reasons for that.
With LDAP, i am creating new groups as new applications come. I can very well do the same in RDBMS. Plus, the advantage of keeping groups in RDBMS give me the ability to associate those group information to any other information in RDBMS.
I do see every company going towards LDAP to store J2EE applications security groups.
I appreciate the advantage of keeping user information in LDAP so that all applications and network can share that. But keeping groups information for each application in LDAP make things impossible to associate those groups to other information in RDBMS.