All,

The application I am currently working on is accessed via browser and thus is able to easily retrieve a user's personal certificate (and thus credentials) through the normal SSL handshake procedure. I was wondering if anyone has been able to programmatically retrieve a user's personal certificate without going through the browser? The reason I ask is that we not only use the certificate for security but also to retrieve credentials that allow users access to other back-end components. Any experience would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam