Customer authentication provider and no global transaction - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Customer authentication provider and no global transaction - Weblogic ; I've developed a custom authentication provider which uses an Oracle datbase to verify the users. This provider also implements the optional interface UserReader. The reason is that this provider is used by the BEA portal. The connection pool towards the ...

  1. Customer authentication provider and no global transaction

    I've developed a custom authentication provider which uses an Oracle datbase to verify the users. This provider also implements the optional interface UserReader. The reason is that this provider is used by the BEA portal. The connection pool towards the Oracle database (9i) uses Oracle's own XA drivers.

    For most scenarios this provider have worked excellent, but now I implemented some functionality that uses ProfileWrapper to fetch some user profile properties. When I'm fetching properties I get the no global transaction failure.

    I guessing the reason is that these properties doesn't get fetched within an EJB transaction and then they don't run inside a transaction.

    What is the best way to solve this ? Isn't it possible to get the XA Oracle driver to accept non-XA calls ? I know that the SupportsLocalTransaction attribute is an option, but personally I don't need transactions since this is read-only and I also would prefer not to create my own transactions within the authentication provider. A third approach is to use a Non-XA driver for all methods provided by the UserReader interface, but I'm not sure if that will do the trick.

  2. Re: Custom authentication provider and no global transaction

    Heading should be Customer not CustomER :-)

  3. Re: Custom authentication provider and no global transaction

    Just for information regarding this issue.

    I solved this problem by having the implementation of the optional interface UserReader use a connection pool which used the Non-XA driver from Oracle. I also added another custom attribute to the custom authentication provider where the administrator could add the JNDI name for the non XA Data Source.

    ----- Trond

+ Reply to Thread