Netegrity Siteminder Universal ID - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Netegrity Siteminder Universal ID - Weblogic ; I would like to know how to access the Siteminder Universal ID for a user from within Weblogic Server. We are using the Application Server Agent plug with the Identity Asserter, Authentication Provider, Authorization Provider and Adjudication Provider. request.getRemoteUser() works ...

  1. Netegrity Siteminder Universal ID

    I would like to know how to access the Siteminder Universal ID for a user from within Weblogic Server.

    We are using the Application Server Agent plug with the Identity Asserter, Authentication Provider, Authorization Provider and Adjudication Provider. request.getRemoteUser() works and provides the Siteminder login name. Perimeter authentication works and I have access to the Siteminder Principal, SmWLSUser.

    The issue is that a user is allowed to change their username and therefore the username is not guaranteed to be unique between sessions. We need to have an identifier for users so that we can know when the same user returns. Siteminder has a universal id stored in the central LDAP/database server that will not change when the username changes. (I believe it's a guid value) How do I access this value from within WLS?

  2. Re: Netegrity Siteminder Universal ID

    Did you try the SiteMinder "Response" at all?

    The "Response" can deliver almost everything SiteMinder knows to the Web App.

  3. Re: Netegrity Siteminder Universal ID

    This sounds exactly what I am looking for. I can't find it. Can you tell me the package name? Is it a library in one of the Netegrity JAR files?

    Chris

  4. Re: Netegrity Siteminder Universal ID

    Please read the SiteMinder docs, such as Policy Design Guide. I am sure you will find the description of the Response. You can also read the agent doc too. The feature is documented in many places.

+ Reply to Thread