Trying to run WL81sp1 server trial version on SSL - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Trying to run WL81sp1 server trial version on SSL - Weblogic ; Hi, I am trying to run WL81 sp1 server trial version on SSL. I followed the docs at location : http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/secmanage/ssl.html to configure the server with "Custom Identity and Java Standard Trust". The trust authority is Thawte. Everything looks fine ...

  1. Trying to run WL81sp1 server trial version on SSL

    Hi,
    I am trying to run WL81 sp1 server trial version on SSL. I followed the docs at location :

    http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/secmanage/ssl.html

    to configure the server with "Custom Identity and Java Standard Trust". The trust authority is Thawte. Everything looks fine except that when I start WL81 server, I get the following exception :

    t security configuration, java.lang.NullPointerException>
    <000000> ent configuration
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at weblogic.security.RSAKey.toString(RSAKey.java:212)
    at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2177)
    at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:36 1)
    at weblogic.security.X509.toString(X509.java:287)
    at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2177)
    at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:36 1)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLCertificate.toString(SSLC ertificate.java:436
    )
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.initSSLContext(SS LListenThread.java:
    199)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.(SSLListenThread.java:139)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.(SSLListenThread.java:125)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeListenThreads(T3 Srvr.java:1613)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.resume(T3Srvr.java:1020)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:359)
    at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

    for SSL, java.io.IOException: Inconsistent security configuration, null.>
    stenThread.Default" listening on port 7001, ip address *.*>
    bLogic Admin Server "myserver" for domain "mydomain" running in Development Mode

    Any input will be highly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Krish

  2. Re: Trying to run WL81sp1 server trial version on SSL

    This is a bug in RSAKey.toString(). It has been fixed in sp2.

    Pavel.

  3. Re: Trying to run WL81sp1 server trial version on SSL

    Hi Pavel,

    Thanks a lot for your reply. I really appreciate it. From my previous experience with WL 7.0, I just bumped up the version to sp2 and got the following message :

    ng to use full strength (domestic) certificates without a full strength (domesti
    c) license.>
    t security configuration, java.lang.Exception: Attempting to use a full strength
    (domestic) cipher suite without a full strength (domestic) license.>
    for SSL, java.io.IOException: Inconsistent security configuration, Attempting t
    o use a full strength (domestic) cipher suite without a full strength (domestic)
    license..>

    Does this mean that I need a proper BEA license to run SSL ? It will be really helpful if someone could confirm on this one.

    Thanks,
    Krish

  4. Re: Trying to run WL81sp1 server trial version on SSL

    Pavel,

    After installing the limited license on the WL81 sp2; I could run WL81 sp2 in SSL mode. Please ignore my last question.

    Thanks,
    Krish

  5. Re: Trying to run WL81sp1 server trial version on SSL

    Yes, looks like you have an export SSL license, but are trying to use a key with the strength over 512 bits for which you need a SSL/Domestic license in sp2. This check will be removed in sp4 since the export regulations for this have been relaxed some time ago.

    Pavel.

+ Reply to Thread