Cipher not initialized - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Cipher not initialized - Weblogic ; I am using Weblogic 8.1. After configured a nCipher JCE provider, an exception "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cipher not initialized" is thrown whenever there is SSL operation. Any ideas?...

  1. Cipher not initialized

    I am using Weblogic 8.1. After configured a nCipher JCE provider, an exception "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cipher not initialized" is thrown whenever there is SSL operation.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Cipher not initialized

    This is probably caused by nCipher Cipher.init method failing for the initialization parameters it received. As a result the Cipher does not get initialized and throws exception every time it is used.
    It might be you are using newer nCipher version than the version supported in 810, and its Cipher impl is not compatible with the previous nCipher version.

    Pavel.

+ Reply to Thread