access not allowed when shutting down weblogic server - Weblogic

This is a discussion on access not allowed when shutting down weblogic server - Weblogic ; Hi All, After deploying some codes onto the weblogic server, we found out that the server could not be shutdown by using weblogic admin command, the error message was: /app/bea/jdk141_05/jre/bin/java -classpath /app/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/app/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic.jar:/app/bea/jdk141_05/lib/tools.jar weblogic.Admin -url localhost:7001 -username wlproxy -password xxxxxxxx FORCESHUTDOWN ...

  1. access not allowed when shutting down weblogic server

    Hi All,

    After deploying some codes onto the weblogic server, we found out that
    the server could not be shutdown by using weblogic admin command, the
    error message was:

    /app/bea/jdk141_05/jre/bin/java -classpath
    /app/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/app/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic.jar:/app/bea/jdk141_05/lib/tools.jar
    weblogic.Admin -url localhost:7001 -username wlproxy -password
    xxxxxxxx FORCESHUTDOWN
    Error: Access not allowed for subject: principals=[wlproxy,
    Administrators], on ResourceType: ServerRuntime Action: execute,
    Target: forceShutdown.

    We use customized security realm to authorize the username and
    password, there are 2 NovellRealms setup for this server instance, and
    the username/password are loaded in the startWeblogic.sh and stop
    weblogic scripts (by using the above java command).

    We had to kill the weblogic process in order to bring the server down,
    but interestingly the weblogic server could be started by using the
    same username/password as stop scripts use, it seemed to me that the
    server can be started by using the customized NovellRealms, but when
    using the same NovellRealm to stop the server, it throws exception.

    After starting up the server, we still could not use the
    username/password to login into the weblogic admin console. Althouth
    the application including the weblogic admin console is running.

    Regards

    Feng Xue

  2. Re: access not allowed when shutting down weblogic server

    Hi, All,

    I solved the problem by removing the "ldapfiles" directory under
    server directory, i.e. uatTest/uatTestServer/ldap/ldapfiles/...

    and replacing it with the backuped ones (which can be your own backup
    ones or the ones from weblogic, i.e.
    uatTest/uatTestServer/ldap/EmbeddedLDAPBackup.zip)

    I think the data inside that directory got corrupted from some
    reasons.

    Cheers

    Feng Xue

    martinxue6@yahoo.com (feng) wrote in message news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > After deploying some codes onto the weblogic server, we found out that
    > the server could not be shutdown by using weblogic admin command, the
    > error message was:
    >
    > /app/bea/jdk141_05/jre/bin/java -classpath
    > /app/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic_sp.jar:/app/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic.jar:/app/bea/jdk141_05/lib/tools.jar
    > weblogic.Admin -url localhost:7001 -username wlproxy -password
    > xxxxxxxx FORCESHUTDOWN
    > Error: Access not allowed for subject: principals=[wlproxy,
    > Administrators], on ResourceType: ServerRuntime Action: execute,
    > Target: forceShutdown.
    >
    > We use customized security realm to authorize the username and
    > password, there are 2 NovellRealms setup for this server instance, and
    > the username/password are loaded in the startWeblogic.sh and stop
    > weblogic scripts (by using the above java command).
    >
    > We had to kill the weblogic process in order to bring the server down,
    > but interestingly the weblogic server could be started by using the
    > same username/password as stop scripts use, it seemed to me that the
    > server can be started by using the customized NovellRealms, but when
    > using the same NovellRealm to stop the server, it throws exception.
    >
    > After starting up the server, we still could not use the
    > username/password to login into the weblogic admin console. Althouth
    > the application including the weblogic admin console is running.

    > Regards
    >
    > Feng Xue

+ Reply to Thread