Active Directory Authentication Provider - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Active Directory Authentication Provider - Weblogic ; Hi ! I have Weblogic Portal 8.1 SP3, and Active Directory 2003. I added a new Active Directory Authentication Provider from WebLogic console. First of all, may i ask you some help on what is the best practice to configure ...

  1. Active Directory Authentication Provider

    Hi !
    I have Weblogic Portal 8.1 SP3, and Active Directory 2003.
    I added a new Active Directory Authentication Provider from WebLogic console.

    First of all, may i ask you some help on what is the best practice to configure AD2003 for users and groups authentication, and how to connect it to WebLogic?
    I mean, I'm not sure whether the parameters I set up in the AD Authentication Provider in the WL console are right or not.

    Also, when I try to see users and groups from the Portal Admin page (Users and Groups), after I select the AD Authentication Provider, it:
    - first, warns me that this provider has not been configured for GUI tree mode (??????)
    - second, when I try to search for a group, it always says me that it does not exist...

    So I'm not sure where I do wrong..
    Anyone please may give me some help?

    thank you very much,
    Giovanni

  2. Re: Active Directory Authentication Provider

    We are currently setting up Active Directory for Weblogic Portal 8.1 SP2 (In the process of upgrading to SP3) and we also have many questions. I did manage however to get the users and groups pulled over into BEA. It doesn't show all of them, however when I search for someone that I know has an AD account, they will show upon searching for them. BEA only shows a certain number of accounts and doesn't provide next/previous functionality to see the rest.

    I'm working to get the role mapping and credentials setup. Maybe we can help compare notes and work through this together? Let me know.

  3. Re: Active Directory Authentication Provider

    sure!

    well I've been figuring this out and now BEA does see users and groups from LDAP, both from the console and from the AdminPortal (had to activate the gui tree mode in service configuration to have them showed in the adminportal).

    Ok.

    The problem is now that I have a portal with the sample BEA Login Portlet.
    Users in the default authenticator CAN login.
    Users from Active Directory CAN NOT login !

    here are some logs:

  4. Re: Active Directory Authentication Provider

    I am trying to setup MS LDAP authentication through WL 8.1 sp2 but I can not seem to get it to work. I have followed all the steps in the documentation for setting it up and have gone over the setting with our AD guys here and not luck.
    I read one of the post from "gpedone" and saw info from a log file that would be very helpful but I can not find that logfile on my system to save my life. Where is that located and/or how do I configure/enable that kind of logging. Basically, all I see in the log files right now is couldn't authenticate user whoever. Which is not muc help. I can't tell if WL is talking to the LDAP server correctly or not.

    I would appreciate any help, I have looked through all the docs I can read off or online...

  5. Re: Active Directory Authentication Provider

    I'm running into the same problem. Did you ever find a solution for
    this?

    Giovanni Pedone wrote:
    > sure!
    >
    > well I've been figuring this out and now BEA does see users and

    groups from LDAP, both from the console and from the AdminPortal (had
    to activate the gui tree mode in service configuration to have them
    showed in the adminportal).

    > Ok.
    >
    > The problem is now that I have a portal with the sample BEA Login

    Portlet.
    > Users in the default authenticator CAN login.
    > Users from Active Directory CAN NOT login !
    >

    > here are some logs:

    ldapVersion:3 bindDN:"cn=giovanni,dc=domain,dc=test"}>

    "(&(&(sAMAccountName=gabriele)(objectclass=user))(!(use rAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))",
    base DN & below)>

    Cognome,OU=Users,DC=domain,DC=test>

    Cognome,OU=Users,DC=domain,DC=test>

    ldapVersion:3 bindDN:"cn=giovanni,dc=domain,dc=test"}>

    ldapVersion:3 bindDN:"cn=giovanni,dc=domain,dc=test"}>

    "(&(sAMAccountName=Gabriele Cognome)(objectclass=user))", base DN &
    below)>

    Cognome)(objectclass=group))", base DN & below)>

    ldapVersion:3 bindDN:"cn=giovanni,dc=domain,dc=test"}>

    "(&(uid=gabriele)(objectclass=person))", base DN & below)>