classloading of security providers - Weblogic

This is a discussion on classloading of security providers - Weblogic ; I've stuck the MBeans for my security service providers in the %BEA_HOME%/weblogic81/server/lib/mbeantypes dir and was able to instrument them via the console. However, I cannot seem to get WebLogic to start up without throwing a ClassNotFoundException complaining that it cannot ...

  1. classloading of security providers

    I've stuck the MBeans for my security service providers in the %BEA_HOME%/weblogic81/server/lib/mbeantypes
    dir and was able to instrument them via the console. However, I cannot seem to
    get WebLogic to start up without throwing a ClassNotFoundException complaining
    that it cannot find my security providers. I've tried sticking them in in the
    mbeantypes dir as well as just server/lib.

    Do I REALLY have to stick them in the system classpath? I really don't want to
    if I don't have to.

    Cheers,
    Steve Maring
    AT&T Labs

  2. Re: classloading of security providers

    Steve,
    sorry, i am still unable to understand the problem. So typically this is
    what users do,
    1) Build security providers using the weblogic mbean maker, the output
    is a jar
    2) copy this jar file to the lib/mbeantypes directory.
    3) Start the server, these mbeans will be loaded into the server.
    4) Go to console and the new provider's show up, you can then configure
    the providers.
    5) After saving, you should see entries in your config.xml reflecting
    the provider mbean instances you just created via the console.
    6) If you re-start the server, you should be able to go back to the
    console and see your instances that you created in your previous session.

    Now, at what point in this cycle you are seeing issues? Also could you
    ptovide any stack traces, if there are any?

    Thanks,
    -satya

    Steve Maring wrote:
    > OK, let me say that I was able to configure the security providers to use my custom
    > providers, so obviously my mbeans were OK. However, the server itself, after
    > reviewing the config.xml, and seeing my custom security providers configured,
    > complains that it cannot find them. I've tried putting them in server/lib, common/lib,
    > and server/lib/mbeantypes, but none of these seem to work.
    >

    > Satya Ghattu wrote:
    >

    >>Steve Maring wrote:
    >>
    >>>I've stuck the MBeans for my security service providers in the %BEA_HOME%/weblogic81/server/lib/mbeantypes
    >>>dir and was able to instrument them via the console. However, I cannot

    >>seem to
    >>
    >>>get WebLogic to start up without throwing a ClassNotFoundException

    >>complaining
    >>
    >>>that it cannot find my security providers. I've tried sticking them

    >>in in the
    >>
    >>>mbeantypes dir as well as just server/lib.

    >>They should not be put in the system classpath. When you say you have
    >>
    >>instrumented them via console, what exactly does this mean? Try
    >>accessing the MBeans via straight JMX calls instead of using the
    >>interfaces in your code.
    >>

    >>>Do I REALLY have to stick them in the system classpath?

    >>No, you dont have to.
    >>
    >>thanks,
    >>-satya
    >>
    >>I really don't want to