Re: classloading of security providers - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: classloading of security providers - Weblogic ; Steve Maring wrote: > I've stuck the MBeans for my security service providers in the %BEA_HOME%/weblogic81/server/lib/mbeantypes > dir and was able to instrument them via the console. However, I cannot seem to > get WebLogic to start up without throwing ...

  1. Re: classloading of security providers

    Steve Maring wrote:
    > I've stuck the MBeans for my security service providers in the %BEA_HOME%/weblogic81/server/lib/mbeantypes
    > dir and was able to instrument them via the console. However, I cannot seem to
    > get WebLogic to start up without throwing a ClassNotFoundException complaining
    > that it cannot find my security providers. I've tried sticking them in in the
    > mbeantypes dir as well as just server/lib.

    They should not be put in the system classpath. When you say you have
    instrumented them via console, what exactly does this mean? Try
    accessing the MBeans via straight JMX calls instead of using the
    interfaces in your code.

    > Do I REALLY have to stick them in the system classpath?

    No, you dont have to.

    thanks,
    -satya

    I really don't want to
    > if I don't have to.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Steve Maring
    > AT&T Labs

  2. Re: classloading of security providers

    OK, let me say that I was able to configure the security providers to use my custom
    providers, so obviously my mbeans were OK. However, the server itself, after
    reviewing the config.xml, and seeing my custom security providers configured,
    complains that it cannot find them. I've tried putting them in server/lib, common/lib,
    and server/lib/mbeantypes, but none of these seem to work.

    Satya Ghattu wrote:

    >Steve Maring wrote:
    >> I've stuck the MBeans for my security service providers in the %BEA_HOME%/weblogic81/server/lib/mbeantypes
    >> dir and was able to instrument them via the console. However, I cannot

    >seem to
    >> get WebLogic to start up without throwing a ClassNotFoundException

    >complaining
    >> that it cannot find my security providers. I've tried sticking them

    >in in the
    >> mbeantypes dir as well as just server/lib.

    >They should not be put in the system classpath. When you say you have
    >
    >instrumented them via console, what exactly does this mean? Try
    >accessing the MBeans via straight JMX calls instead of using the
    >interfaces in your code.
    >

    >> Do I REALLY have to stick them in the system classpath?

    >No, you dont have to.
    >
    >thanks,
    >-satya
    >
    >I really don't want to