We're attempting to make use of the thin client. Since our client also
uses JMS, we have both wlclient.jar and wljmsclient.jar in our
classpath. This does not authenticate properly via LDAP. If, instead of
those two jar files, we run with weblogic.jar in our classpath,
everything works as expected.

With security debugging turned on in the server, and weblogic.jar in the
classpath of our client, the server log shows:

####

<> <> <000000>
[ as above ]
[ as above ]
[ as above ]
[ as above ] connection is true>
[ as above ] bindDN:""}>
[ as above ]
[ as above ] bindDN:""}>
[ as above ]

and more, which indicates a successful connection. When we use the thin
client jars, what we see instead never references the
PrincipleAuthenticator, instead it is all like

####

<> <> <000000> Resource: type=, application=, path={SelectFacade}, action=lookup>
####

<> <> <000000> Subject: 0

Resource: type=, application=, path={SelectFacade}, action=lookup>
####

<> <> <000000> roles: Anonymous>
####

<> <> <000000> Resource: type=, application=, path={SelectFacade},
action=lookup Anonymous roles.>
####

<> <000000> subject: Subject: 0
Resource: type=, application=, module=,
resourceType=ConnectionPool, resource=fredsp_orc, action=reserve>
####

<> <000000> getRoles(): input arguments:
Subject: 0

Resource: type=, application=, module=,
resourceType=ConnectionPool, resource=fredsp_orc, action=reserve>
####

<> <000000> getRoles(): returning roles: Anonymous>
####

<> <000000> Subject: Subject: 0
Resource: type=, application=, module=,
resourceType=ConnectionPool, resource=fredsp_orc, action=reserve
Anonymous roles.>
####

<> <000000> subject: Subject: 0
Resource: type=, application=, module=,
resourceType=ConnectionPool, resource=fredsp_orc, action=reserve>
####

<> <000000> getRoles(): input arguments:

Resource: type=, application=, module=,
resourceType=ConnectionPool, resource=fredsp_orc, action=reserve>
####

<> <000000> getRoles(): returning roles: Anonymous>

Can we just not use the thin client jars if we want LDAP authentication?

Thanks for any info!

: jay