-g for WebLogicMBeanMaker classes - Weblogic

This is a discussion on -g for WebLogicMBeanMaker classes - Weblogic ; All, I am working w/ WebLogic 8.1 SP2 and working on a custom security provider. I am wondering if there is a straightforward way to have the WebLogicMBeanMaker to compile provider classes with the debug flag turned on. I can ...

  1. -g for WebLogicMBeanMaker classes

    All,

    I am working w/ WebLogic 8.1 SP2 and working on a custom security
    provider. I am wondering if there is a straightforward way to have the
    WebLogicMBeanMaker to compile provider classes with the debug flag
    turned on. I can not find anything in the docs and I have tried passing
    in a -g to the MBEanMaker - causes it to complain. -debug doesn't
    generate any error messages, but does not seem to do anything either.

    Before I start ripping apart jars and recompiling classes manually, I
    thought I should ask if there is something I am missing.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: -g for WebLogicMBeanMaker classes

    Hello Tom,
    From the WLMaker help it seems like -g is the right option to compile
    the generated files with debug on. What error do you get if u pass in -g?

    Thanks,
    -satya

    C:\eworld>java weblogic.management.commo.WebLogicMBeanMaker

    At least 2 of the following 3 options must be provided: 1)-MDF 2) -files
    3)-MJF

    Usage: java weblogic.management.commo.WebLogicMBeanMaker [options]

    where options include:
    -MDF The MBean Description File (MDF). Required
    if MJF is not provided.
    -files The directory to contain the
    generated files. Required unless both MJF and
    MDF are provided.
    -MJF The filename of the generated MJF (MBean
    jar file). Required if MDF is not provided.
    -compiler The compiler to use for Java compilation.
    -classpath The classpath to use for Java compilation
    -includeSource Should generated source files be included in
    the MJF.
    -createStubs Should stub files be generated for operations
    and custom attribute accessor methods.
    -validateXML Should the XML processor do validation.
    -g Compile generated files with the debug
    option.
    -verbose Causes additonal output messages.
    -help Print out this message.

    Tom Mitchell wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > I am working w/ WebLogic 8.1 SP2 and working on a custom security
    > provider. I am wondering if there is a straightforward way to have the
    > WebLogicMBeanMaker to compile provider classes with the debug flag
    > turned on. I can not find anything in the docs and I have tried passing
    > in a -g to the MBEanMaker - causes it to complain. -debug doesn't
    > generate any error messages, but does not seem to do anything either.
    >
    > Before I start ripping apart jars and recompiling classes manually, I
    > thought I should ask if there is something I am missing.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

  3. Re: -g for WebLogicMBeanMaker classes

    Thanks for the quick reply, Satya. The message was:

    Unrecognized option: -g

    I did find that -Dg=true had the desired behavior, so I am now happy.

    Thanks again for your reply.

    Satya Ghattu wrote:

    > Hello Tom,
    > From the WLMaker help it seems like -g is the right option to compile
    > the generated files with debug on. What error do you get if u pass in -g?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > -satya
    >
    > C:\eworld>java weblogic.management.commo.WebLogicMBeanMaker
    >
    > At least 2 of the following 3 options must be provided: 1)-MDF 2) -files
    > 3)-MJF
    >
    > Usage: java weblogic.management.commo.WebLogicMBeanMaker [options]
    >
    > where options include:
    > -MDF The MBean Description File (MDF). Required
    > if MJF is not provided.
    > -files The directory to contain the
    > generated files. Required unless both MJF and
    > MDF are provided.
    > -MJF The filename of the generated MJF (MBean
    > jar file). Required if MDF is not provided.
    > -compiler The compiler to use for Java compilation.
    > -classpath The classpath to use for Java compilation
    > -includeSource Should generated source files be included in
    > the MJF.
    > -createStubs Should stub files be generated for operations
    > and custom attribute accessor methods.
    > -validateXML Should the XML processor do validation.
    > -g Compile generated files with the debug
    > option.
    > -verbose Causes additonal output messages.
    > -help Print out this message.
    >

    > Tom Mitchell wrote:
    >
    >> All,
    >>
    >> I am working w/ WebLogic 8.1 SP2 and working on a custom security
    >> provider. I am wondering if there is a straightforward way to have
    >> the WebLogicMBeanMaker to compile provider classes with the debug flag
    >> turned on. I can not find anything in the docs and I have tried
    >> passing in a -g to the MBEanMaker - causes it to complain. -debug
    >> doesn't generate any error messages, but does not seem to do anything
    >> either.
    >>
    >> Before I start ripping apart jars and recompiling classes manually, I
    >> thought I should ask if there is something I am missing.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread