X509 certifcate key usage - Weblogic

This is a discussion on X509 certifcate key usage - Weblogic ; Hi, How do I determine if a X508v3 ccertifate is a client or server certificate? I can't find any documentation describing the difference....

  1. X509 certifcate key usage

    Hi, How do I determine if a X508v3 ccertifate is a client or server certificate?
    I can't find any documentation describing the difference.

  2. Re: X509 certifcate key usage

    Certificate can have extended key usage constraint that says it can be used for
    client or server authentication only.
    See rfc 3280: http://rfc-3280.rfc-index.net/rfc-3280-41.htm

    Pavel.

    "Dave Gray" wrote:

    >Hi, How do I determine if a X508v3 ccertifate is a client or server certificate?
    >I can't find any documentation describing the difference.

+ Reply to Thread