Hi,

I created a new security realm to connect to a third party LDAP server. I can
connect to this LDAP server and be successfully authorised from one development
machine but I can't from my own.

I'm using exactly the same credentials on both machines. username: weblogic,
password weblogic.

When I view the boot.properties file on both machines, the encrypted username/password
pair are different. They both specify that they use {3DES}. I've also tried putting
the username and password into boot.properties in plain text and it works on one
and still fails on my machine.

There is one difference between the two installations. I am using a different
domain name. Could this affect things? Does anyone know what key is used for the
encryption or can anyone suggest what I might do to get my instance up and running
against against the external LDAP server?

Thanks in advance,

Stuart.