isMember not working correctly for default authenticator? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on isMember not working correctly for default authenticator? - Weblogic ; As I understand the GroupReaderMBean javadoc, isMember should not recurse groups if I pass a false value to the recurse parameter. This doesn't seem to be the case. Here is a sample scenario: I create two groups: userGroup and customerGroup. ...

  1. isMember not working correctly for default authenticator?

    As I understand the GroupReaderMBean javadoc, isMember should not recurse groups
    if I pass a false value to the recurse parameter. This doesn't seem to be the
    case.

    Here is a sample scenario:

    I create two groups: userGroup and customerGroup. I assign customerGroup to
    be a member of userGroup.

    I create a user: myuser. I assign myuser to be a member of customerGroup.

    Now, I want to find all the groups with which myuser is directly associated (i.e.
    customerGroup). So, I iterate the group list calling isMember(myuser, aGroup,
    false);

    I would expect it to return true when aGroup = customerGroup, but not when aGroup
    = userGroup. This is not the case it returns true for both groups even though
    I supply false for the recursive parameter.

    Am I misinterpreting the javadoc or is this a bug?

  2. Re: isMember not working correctly for default authenticator?

    You have reached farther using the GroupReaderMBean. Can you help me?

    I am trying to check if the user is a member of the group before assigning a task.

    MBeanHome adminHome;
    String url = "http://127.0.0.1:10001" ;
    adminHome = (MBeanHome)Helper.getMBeanHome ("weblogic","weblogic",url,server);
    AuthenticationProviderMBean[] providers = adminHome.getActiveDomain().getSecurityConfigurati on().findDefaultRealm().getAuthenticationProviders ();
    GroupReaderMBean groupReader = (GroupReaderMBean)providers[0];
    groupReader.isMember(groupName, uId, false);

    The last line throws an error: java.lang.NullPointerException

    Am I missing something here??

    -vsura

+ Reply to Thread