WebService through SSL using non-browser client - Weblogic

This is a discussion on WebService through SSL using non-browser client - Weblogic ; We are working on a WLS 8.1 project that exports a webservice. Accessing the WS is done using SSL which works fine in a browser. However, we need to be able to access the WS through other types of clients, ...

  1. WebService through SSL using non-browser client

    We are working on a WLS 8.1 project that exports a webservice. Accessing
    the WS is done using SSL which works fine in a browser. However, we need
    to be able to access the WS through other types of clients, so we are
    now experimenting this by using a POJO with a main method.

    When running the program without SSL, we get a proper response back, but
    when applying SSL, we get the following error:

    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Missing license
    file for: WebLogic Platform 8.1
    at com.certicom.net.ssl.SSLContext.getLicenseLevel(Un known Source)
    at com.certicom.net.ssl.SSLContext.(Unknown Source)
    at com.certicom.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection.(Unknown Source)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.client.https.HttpsURLConnectio n.(HttpsURLConnection.java:66)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.client.WLSSLAdapter.openConnec tion(WLSSLAdapter.java:60)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.DefinitionFactory. createDefinition(DefinitionFactory.java:81)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.WSDLParser.(WSDLParser.java:76)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.WebServiceFactory.createFromWS DL(WebServiceFactory.java:108)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.WebServiceFactory.createFromWS DL(WebServiceFactory.java:84)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.ServiceImpl.(ServiceImpl.java:76)
    at
    se.police.rps.abc.vk2.presentation.ws.Vk2_Impl.(Vk2_Impl.java:22)
    at se.police.rps.abc.wsdelegates.VK2WSDelegate.getPor t(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    se.police.rps.abc.wsdelegates.VK2WSDelegate.snabbf rĠgaPerson(Unknown Source)
    at se.police.rps.abc.dosklient.DosKlient.main(Unknown Source)

    As I understand, this has to do with the fact that the server wants the
    signatures in the license.bea file. We've tried to append the license
    file to the Classpath, and tried to find proper -D flags, but without
    luck. There doesn't seem to be much info on the net on this either. Any
    help on this would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
    /Eje Thorarinsson

  2. Re: WebService through SSL using non-browser client

    Make sure you add to the classpath the folder with the license.bea file, not the
    file itself. This code is looking for the SSL license component.

    Pavel.

+ Reply to Thread