WLS8.1sp2 - IdentityAsserter with active type "AuthenticatedUser" is never called - Weblogic

This is a discussion on WLS8.1sp2 - IdentityAsserter with active type "AuthenticatedUser" is never called - Weblogic ; I wrote a SecurityProvider that implements the ATNProvider and the IdentityAsserter Interface. The active Types are: X.509 ans AuthenticatedUser. When I call the WLS8.1 Server from a WLS6.1 Server, the Identity Asserter is never called. Am I wrong supposing that ...

  1. WLS8.1sp2 - IdentityAsserter with active type "AuthenticatedUser" is never called

    I wrote a SecurityProvider that implements the ATNProvider and the IdentityAsserter
    Interface. The active Types are: X.509 ans AuthenticatedUser. When I call the
    WLS8.1 Server from a WLS6.1 Server, the Identity Asserter is never called.
    Am I wrong supposing that calls from a WLS 6.1 Server should be authenticated
    with an IdentityAsserter having as active type the "AuthenticatedUser" one?

  2. Re: WLS8.1sp2 - IdentityAsserter with active type "AuthenticatedUser" is never called

    "Carlo de Rossi" wrote:

    >I wrote a SecurityProvider that implements the ATNProvider and the IdentityAsserter
    >Interface. The active Types are: X.509 ans AuthenticatedUser. When I
    >call the
    >WLS8.1 Server from a WLS6.1 Server, the Identity Asserter is never called.
    >Am I wrong supposing that calls from a WLS 6.1 Server should be authenticated
    >with an IdentityAsserter having as active type the "AuthenticatedUser"
    >one?

    Robert Patrick writes in "Mastering BEA WLS" (pag. 405) that you need such as
    IdAsserter for interoperability: that's true only for IIOP: for T3 is not true,
    you must use the RealmAdapterATNProvider (fileRealm) or initialize the old realm
    engine with your own realm. The documentation is not clear anyway.
    cdr

+ Reply to Thread