SSLException while handshaking: Server certificate rejected by ChainVerifier - Weblogic

This is a discussion on SSLException while handshaking: Server certificate rejected by ChainVerifier - Weblogic ; Hi, I am very much new in the field of webserver, RPS, SSL & such stuff. So, i request to give me a detailed explanation on the following problem ---- I have newly installed certnew.cer & CertNewCA.cer in my system. ...

  1. SSLException while handshaking: Server certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

    Hi,
    I am very much new in the field of webserver, RPS, SSL & such stuff. So, i
    request to give me a detailed explanation on the following problem ----

    I have newly installed certnew.cer & CertNewCA.cer in my system.

    Following is the port number that I have given:
    Weblogic server (HTTP): 8001
    Weblogic server (HTTPS): 8100
    Proxy server (HTTP): 5001
    Proxy server (HTTPS): 5100
    I am using Weblogic as RPS.

    Now my URL hits the proxy server through HTTPS i.e. using the port-5100.
    It connects fine. But when i execute a process , I see the following error in
    the command window ---

    ssl_debug(1): Starting handshake...
    ssl_debug(1): Sending v2 client_hello message, requesting version 3.1...
    ssl_debug(1): Received v3 server_hello handshake message.
    ssl_debug(1): Server selected SSL version 3.1.
    ssl_debug(1): Server created new session 06:5D:31:76:55:35A:00...
    ssl_debug(1): CipherSuite selected by server: SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5
    ssl_debug(1): CompressionMethod selected by server: NULL
    ssl_debug(1): Received certificate handshake message with server certificate.
    ssl_debug(1): Server sent a 512 bit RSA certificate, chain has 1 elements.
    ssl_debug(1): ChainVerifier: No trusted certificate found, rejected.
    ssl_debug(1): Sending alert: Alert Fatal: bad certificate
    ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL layer...
    ssl_debug(1): SSLException while handshaking: Server certificate rejected by
    ChainVerifier
    ssl_debug(1): Sending alert: Alert Fatal: handshake failure
    ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL layer...
    ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL layer...
    ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL layer...
    ssl_debug(1): Closing transport...

  2. Re: SSLException while handshaking: Server certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

    Hi,

    Do you get the same problem with out the proxy? If yes, obviously the ssl-setup
    is bad. Also a more detailed description of the problem might help =) Like what
    type of client and how do you make the server-id-cert trusted in it? You can find
    pretty good info about the basics of SSL-config in Bea online docs.

    --Igor

    "Geetanjali Ghosh" wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I am very much new in the field of webserver, RPS, SSL & such stuff.
    >So, i
    >request to give me a detailed explanation on the following problem ----
    >
    >I have newly installed certnew.cer & CertNewCA.cer in my system.
    >
    >Following is the port number that I have given:
    > Weblogic server (HTTP): 8001
    > Weblogic server (HTTPS): 8100
    > Proxy server (HTTP): 5001
    > Proxy server (HTTPS): 5100
    >I am using Weblogic as RPS.
    >
    >Now my URL hits the proxy server through HTTPS i.e. using the port-5100.
    >It connects fine. But when i execute a process , I see the following
    >error in
    >the command window ---
    >
    > ssl_debug(1): Starting handshake...
    > ssl_debug(1): Sending v2 client_hello message, requesting version
    >3.1...
    > ssl_debug(1): Received v3 server_hello handshake message.
    > ssl_debug(1): Server selected SSL version 3.1.
    > ssl_debug(1): Server created new session 06:5D:31:76:55:35A:00...
    > ssl_debug(1): CipherSuite selected by server: SSL_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5
    > ssl_debug(1): CompressionMethod selected by server: NULL
    > ssl_debug(1): Received certificate handshake message with server certificate.
    > ssl_debug(1): Server sent a 512 bit RSA certificate, chain has 1 elements.
    > ssl_debug(1): ChainVerifier: No trusted certificate found, rejected.
    > ssl_debug(1): Sending alert: Alert Fatal: bad certificate
    > ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL layer...
    > ssl_debug(1): SSLException while handshaking: Server certificate rejected
    >by
    >ChainVerifier
    > ssl_debug(1): Sending alert: Alert Fatal: handshake failure
    > ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL layer...
    > ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL layer...
    > ssl_debug(1): Shutting down SSL layer...
    > ssl_debug(1): Closing transport...

+ Reply to Thread