Active Directory Authentication with Portal taking 20 seconds - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Active Directory Authentication with Portal taking 20 seconds - Weblogic ; We integrated active directory with our 8.1 portal and since the integration user authentication takes about 20 seconds everytime a user has to be authenticated using active directory. This time is too much and I'm wonderign if anyone has had ...

  1. Active Directory Authentication with Portal taking 20 seconds

    We integrated active directory with our 8.1 portal and since the integration user
    authentication takes about 20 seconds everytime a user has to be authenticated
    using active directory. This time is too much and I'm wonderign if anyone has
    had similar experience and found a resolution to this issue by tweaking any settings
    etc.

    Thanks

    Michelle.

  2. Re: Active Directory Authentication with Portal taking 20 seconds

    This most likely has to do with the AD group configuration that you have set up.
    It is a bug in bea that when you log in it seems to look for you in every group
    in the group location that you have specified. This takes time. Try not pulling
    in any groups to see if it is the problem. They tell me this will be fixed in
    sp3. We created a very specific AD location for bea groups and are only pulling
    those few groups in.

    Hope this helps

    "Michelle" wrote:

    >We integrated active directory with our 8.1 portal and since the integration
    >user
    >authentication takes about 20 seconds everytime a user has to be authenticated
    >using active directory. This time is too much and I'm wonderign if anyone
    >has
    >had similar experience and found a resolution to this issue by tweaking
    >any settings
    >etc.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Michelle.