why handshake failure - Weblogic

This is a discussion on why handshake failure - Weblogic ; Hi, I tried to use WebLogic's SSL implementation (by following BEA's doc.) for client to invoke a secure web service on a weblogic server. There is Apache server in front of the weblogic cluster and the communication between apache and ...

  1. why handshake failure

    Hi,

    I tried to use WebLogic's SSL implementation (by following BEA's doc.) for
    client to invoke a secure web service on a weblogic server. There is Apache
    server in front of the weblogic cluster and the communication between apache
    and weblogic server is HTTP (not HTTPS).

    I got the following error on my client. (I am running Weblogic 8.1) I am not
    sure what security parameters it is talking about...

    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

    Yan

    xmlns:bea_fault="http://www.bea.com/servers/wls70/webservice/fault/1.0.0">
    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: FATAL
    Alert:HANDSHAKE_FAILURE - The handshake handler was unable to negotiate an
    acceptable set of security parameters.
    at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.f ireException(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.f ireAlertReceived(Unknown
    Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.alert.AlertHandler.handle( Unknown Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.alert.AlertHandler.handleA lertMessages(Unknown
    Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.interpretConte nt(Unknown Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.readRecord(Unk nown Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.readUntilHands hakeComplete(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.c ompleteHandshake(Unknown
    Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.WriteHandler.write(Unknown Source)
    at com.certicom.net.ssl.HttpsClient.doHandshake(Unkno wn Source)
    at com.certicom.net.ssl.internal.HttpURLConnection.ge tInputStream(Unknown
    Source)
    at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.binding.http11.Http11ClientBin ding.receive(Http11ClientB
    inding.java:214)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.core.handler.ClientHandler.han dleResponse(ClientHandler.
    java:63)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.core.HandlerChainImpl.handleRe sponse(HandlerChainImpl.ja
    va:184)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.core.ClientDispatcher.receive( ClientDispatcher.java:214)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.core.ClientDispatcher.dispatch (ClientDispatcher.java:131
    )
    at
    weblogic.webservice.core.DefaultOperation.invoke(D efaultOperation.java:439)
    at
    weblogic.webservice.core.DefaultOperation.invoke(D efaultOperation.java:425)
    at weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.StubImpl._invoke(Stub Impl.java:275)
    at weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.StubImpl._invoke(Stub Impl.java:250)

  2. Re: why handshake failure

    Hi, I am running into a similar issue and getting the Handshake failure exception.
    I am using the following system properties

    java.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.certicom.net.ssl
    weblogic.webservice.client.ssl.adapterclass=weblog ic.webservice.client.JSSEAdapter
    weblogic.webservice.client.ssl.strictcertchecking= false
    weblogic.security.SSL.ignoreHostnameVerification=t rue

    Any pointers in the right direction will be appreciated.

    The exception is as follows:

    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: FATAL Alert:HANDSHAKE_FAILURE - The handsha
    ke handler was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security parameters.
    at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.f ireException(Unknow
    n Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.f ireAlertSent(Unknow
    n Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.handshake.HandshakeHandler .fireAlert(Unknown
    Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.handshake.HandshakeHandler .fireAlert(Unknown
    Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.record.handshake.HandshakeHandler .handleHandshakeMes
    sage(Unknown Source)

    "Yan Zhou" wrote:
> [...]
    >java:63)
    > at
    >weblogic.webservice.core.HandlerChainImpl.handleRe sponse(HandlerChainImpl.ja
    >va:184)
    > at
    >weblogic.webservice.core.ClientDispatcher.receive( ClientDispatcher.java:214)
    > at
    >weblogic.webservice.core.ClientDispatcher.dispatch (ClientDispatcher.java:131
    >)
    > at
    >weblogic.webservice.core.DefaultOperation.invoke(D efaultOperation.java:439)
    > at
    >weblogic.webservice.core.DefaultOperation.invoke(D efaultOperation.java:425)
    > at weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.StubImpl._invoke(Stub Impl.java:275)
    > at weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.StubImpl._invoke(Stub Impl.java:250)

+ Reply to Thread