Letting Users change their own passwords - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Letting Users change their own passwords - Weblogic ; Hi, I'm currently trying to find the "correct" method to allow users to change their own password via a pageflow/portlet within 8.1. I have found that using the passwordEditorMBean only appears to allow a changed password to take place under ...

  1. Letting Users change their own passwords

    Hi,
    I'm currently trying to find the "correct" method to allow users to change their
    own password via a pageflow/portlet within 8.1.
    I have found that using the passwordEditorMBean only appears to allow a changed
    password to take place under an admin role.
    Is there another class/method I should be using to achieve this or should I temporarily
    run this method under an addmin role before going back to the original users role?

    Any info appreciated

  2. Re: Letting Users change their own passwords

    I am having the same problem. I was wondering if I have to use weblogic's class
    Security.runAs to accomplish this task.

    "Chris Gilmour" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I'm currently trying to find the "correct" method to allow users to change
    >their
    >own password via a pageflow/portlet within 8.1.
    >I have found that using the passwordEditorMBean only appears to allow
    >a changed
    >password to take place under an admin role.
    >Is there another class/method I should be using to achieve this or should
    >I temporarily
    >run this method under an addmin role before going back to the original
    >users role?
    >
    >Any info appreciated

+ Reply to Thread