Strange behavior with login.jsp - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Strange behavior with login.jsp - Weblogic ; I have the following security setup in web.xml for a portal web app. Everything The portal is accessible to all valid AD users. / GET POST x xUsers This is how the user data must be transmitted. NONE CONFIDENTIAL --> ...

  1. Strange behavior with login.jsp

    I have the following security setup in web.xml for a portal web app.

    Everything
    The portal is accessible to all valid AD users.
    /
    GET
    POST

    xUsers

    This is how the user data must be transmitted.
    NONE

    FORM

    /login.jsp
    /error.jsp

    I have an apache proxy pointing at the web application, and the proxy is set up
    to perform BASIC authentication on users attempting to access the web resource.

    My problem is that when I attempt to access a resource of the web app through
    the apache proxy, I get the following error upon the expected redirect to login.jsp
    before login.jsp actually loads at all (I have println statements as the first
    lines of the jsp):

    An error has occurred:

    Cannot get new user profile because com.bea.p13n.usermgmt.profile.ProfileNotFoundExcep tion:
    user1
    caused by: : com.bea.p13n.usermgmt.profile.ProfileNotFoundExcep tion: user1

    In this scenario user1 is the username from apache's basic authentication. Why
    would weblogic attempt to interpret the basic auth http headers in the first place,
    let alone attempt to load the user profile for the defined user?

  2. Re: Strange behavior with login.jsp (followup)

    Just for a little more information, the ProfileNotFoundException is thrown even
    when the weblogic resource I am attempting to access does NOT fall under any type
    of security constraint.

  3. Re: Strange behavior with login.jsp (followup)

    Just for a little more information, the ProfileNotFoundException is thrown even
    when the weblogic resource I am attempting to access does NOT fall under any type
    of security constraint.

  4. RE: Strange behavior with login.jsp

    I am having the similar problem and have you been able to resolve your issue?
    Mark

  5. RE: Strange behavior with login.jsp

    We have had a case opened with BEA for weeks now, they so far have only been able
    to tell us that it is a Weblogic server issue. We escalated it to a production
    issue, hopefully some more info to come soon.

    Mark Bowne wrote:
    >I am having the similar problem and have you been able to resolve your
    >issue?
    >Mark

+ Reply to Thread