Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException - Weblogic ; I generated a PrivateKey using the certificate servlet in weblogic7.0 and then got a trial digital ID from VeriSign. But I get the following error when I reboot my server. "Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException: ASN.1: Unxpected ASN.1 tag> " . ...

  1. Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException

    I generated a PrivateKey using the certificate servlet in weblogic7.0 and then got a trial digital ID from VeriSign. But I get the following error when I reboot my server.
    "Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException: ASN.1: Unxpected ASN.1 tag> " .
    The key file is stored in .der format and the certificate file in .pem format. Plz help me. Is the certificate file corrupt?. I tried a new certificate file and a private key,but still the same error.

  2. Re: Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException

    Try running with the ssl debug on: -Dssl.debug=true -Dweblogic.StdoutDebugEnabled=true
    The output should contain information on which file it was not able to parse.
    Did you specify the private key password on the command line with the weblogic.management.pkpassword
    property?

    Pavel.

    Arathi wrote:
    >I generated a PrivateKey using the certificate servlet in weblogic7.0
    >and then got a trial digital ID from VeriSign. But I get the following
    >error when I reboot my server.
    >"Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException:
    >ASN.1: Unxpected ASN.1 tag> " .
    >The key file is stored in .der format and the certificate file in .pem
    >format. Plz help me. Is the certificate file corrupt?. I tried a new
    >certificate file and a private key,but still the same error.

  3. Re: Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException

    Pavel,
    I did run the ssl debug and also the private key password is specified in the
    command line.
    Here's the debug information.
    <> <000000>
    <> <000000>

    <> <000000>
    <> <000000> null>
    <> <090088> in SSL configuration of server vtedserver, realm CompatibilityRealm. Assuming
    6.x private key configuration. Loading the key from file.>
    <> <000000> PrivateKey>
    <> <090080> was found in SSL.ServerKeyFileName.>
    <> <000000>
    <> <000297> ASN.1: Unxpected ASN.1 tag>
    <> <090034> Inconsistent security configuration, ASN.1: Unxpected ASN.1 tag.>

    Any Clue ?

    "Pavel" wrote:

    >Try running with the ssl debug on: -Dssl.debug=true -Dweblogic.StdoutDebugEnabled=true
    >The output should contain information on which file it was not able to
    >parse.
    >Did you specify the private key password on the command line with the
    >weblogic.management.pkpassword
    >property?
    >
    >Pavel.
    >
    >Arathi wrote:
    >>I generated a PrivateKey using the certificate servlet in weblogic7.0
    >>and then got a trial digital ID from VeriSign. But I get the following
    >>error when I reboot my server.
    >>"Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException:
    >>ASN.1: Unxpected ASN.1 tag> " .
    >>The key file is stored in .der format and the certificate file in .pem
    >>format. Plz help me. Is the certificate file corrupt?. I tried a new
    >>certificate file and a private key,but still the same error.

  4. Re: Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException

    Looks like the private key is OK, and the problem is with the certificate pem file.
    Make sure that it starts with:

    -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

    and there is no text in front of the header. If there is a problem with the header
    replace it manually in a text editor.

    Pavel.

    "Arathi" wrote:

    >Pavel,
    >I did run the ssl debug and also the private key password is specified
    >in the
    >command line.
    >Here's the debug information.

    <> <000000>

    <> <000000> >key>

    <> <000000>

    <> <000000> >key alias:
    >null>

    <> <090088> >not specified
    >in SSL configuration of server vtedserver, realm CompatibilityRealm.
    >Assuming
    >6.x private key configuration. Loading the key from file.>

    <> <000000> >Server
    >PrivateKey>

    <> <090080> >vtedserver
    >was found in SSL.ServerKeyFileName.>

    <> <000000>

    <> <000297> >java.security.KeyManagementException:
    >ASN.1: Unxpected ASN.1 tag>

    <> <090034> >Inconsistent security configuration, ASN.1: Unxpected ASN.1 tag.>

    >Any Clue ?
    >

    >"Pavel" wrote:
    >>
    >>Try running with the ssl debug on: -Dssl.debug=true -Dweblogic.StdoutDebugEnabled=true
    >>The output should contain information on which file it was not able

    >>parse.
    >>Did you specify the private key password on the command line with the
    >>weblogic.management.pkpassword
    >>property?
    >>
    >>Pavel.
    >>
    >>Arathi wrote:
    >>>I generated a PrivateKey using the certificate servlet in weblogic7.0
    >>>and then got a trial digital ID from VeriSign. But I get the following
    >>>error when I reboot my server.
    >>>"Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException:
    >>>ASN.1: Unxpected ASN.1 tag> " .
    >>>The key file is stored in .der format and the certificate file in .pem
    >>>format. Plz help me. Is the certificate file corrupt?. I tried a new
    >>>certificate file and a private key,but still the same error.

  5. RE: Re: Inconsistent security configuration, java.security.KeyManagementException

    Was this problem resolved? I am having the same problem?