Recovering from a deleted config.xml? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Recovering from a deleted config.xml? - Weblogic ; Hi All, I've got an urgent problem. We have a WebLogic 8.1 cluster (1xAdmin, 2x=Managed Nodes). The config.xml and startWebLgic.cmd files are missing from domain directory on both the 2 Managed Nodes. Normally this would be okay as they're started ...

  1. Recovering from a deleted config.xml?

    Hi All,

    I've got an urgent problem. We have a WebLogic 8.1 cluster (1xAdmin, 2x=Managed
    Nodes). The config.xml and startWebLgic.cmd files are missing from domain directory
    on both the 2 Managed Nodes. Normally this would be okay as they're started using
    the config from the Admin server.

    However, we recently changed the default admin password on the Admin server and
    the change didn't 'flow' down to the Managed Nodes for some reason. Therefore,
    I'm now trying to reset the default admin password on both Managed Nodes to match
    the Admin server.

    My idea to reset the password was to start the Managed Nodes with a basic config.xml
    file, but I get an error stating that WebLogic couldn't verify the boot password
    against Embedded LDAP.

    Is there any way to reset the default admin password on a Managed Node via the
    command-line or from the Admin server?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Regards,
    Steven

  2. Re: Recovering from a deleted config.xml?

    Try setting the 'Refresh Replica At Startup' in the admin console:

    http://support.bea.com/application?n..._bea_answer.js
    p&event=link.view_answer_page_clfydoc&answerpage=solution&page=wls/S-20358.h
    tm

    Tony

    "Steven" wrote in message

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've got an urgent problem. We have a WebLogic 8.1 cluster (1xAdmin,

    2x=Managed
    > Nodes). The config.xml and startWebLgic.cmd files are missing from domain

    directory
    > on both the 2 Managed Nodes. Normally this would be okay as they're

    started using
    > the config from the Admin server.
    >
    > However, we recently changed the default admin password on the Admin

    server and
    > the change didn't 'flow' down to the Managed Nodes for some reason.

    Therefore,
    > I'm now trying to reset the default admin password on both Managed Nodes

    to match
    > the Admin server.
    >
    > My idea to reset the password was to start the Managed Nodes with a basic

    config.xml
    > file, but I get an error stating that WebLogic couldn't verify the boot

    password
    > against Embedded LDAP.
    >
    > Is there any way to reset the default admin password on a Managed Node via

    the
    > command-line or from the Admin server?
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >

    > Regards,