how to force the request to be ssl - Weblogic

This is a discussion on how to force the request to be ssl - Weblogic ; Hi, I have wls7.0 with plugin, and ssl is installed on web server, how can I enforce the request be under ssl? Thanks...

  1. how to force the request to be ssl

    Hi,
    I have wls7.0 with plugin, and ssl is installed on web server, how can I enforce
    the request be under ssl?

    Thanks

  2. Re: how to force the request to be ssl

    Requests to Weblogic SSL port should fail already unless they are sent over SSL.
    I believe the SSL plugin also accepts SSL connections only. Or you are asking
    about your webserver configuration?

    Pavel.

    "jen" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have wls7.0 with plugin, and ssl is installed on web server, how can
    >I enforce
    >the request be under ssl?
    >
    >Thanks

  3. Re: how to force the request to be ssl

    I have both 80 and 443 enabled on webserver, but didn't specify what content to
    use ssl. most of my content comes from wls, and some of them doesn't need ssl
    like faq stuff. and I don't have ssl on wls. In this situation, user could come
    to site either with or without ssl by calling the jsps. I would like to force
    the user to use ssl for part of my site, how can i do that?
    Thanks

    "Pavel" wrote:

    >Requests to Weblogic SSL port should fail already unless they are sent
    >over SSL.
    >I believe the SSL plugin also accepts SSL connections only. Or you are
    >asking
    >about your webserver configuration?
    >
    >Pavel.
    >
    >"jen" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>I have wls7.0 with plugin, and ssl is installed on web server, how can
    >>I enforce
    >>the request be under ssl?
    >>
    >>Thanks

  4. Re: how to force the request to be ssl

    Applications deployed on WLS can be configured in the descriptor to use SSL.
    See the description of the tag here
    http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/web...l.html#1017885
    In order to use this you'd need to enable WLS SSL port.

    Pavel.

    "jen" wrote:

    >I have both 80 and 443 enabled on webserver, but didn't specify what
    >content to
    >use ssl. most of my content comes from wls, and some of them doesn't
    >need ssl
    >like faq stuff. and I don't have ssl on wls. In this situation, user
    >could come
    >to site either with or without ssl by calling the jsps. I would like
    >to force
    >the user to use ssl for part of my site, how can i do that?
    >Thanks
    >

    >"Pavel" wrote:
    >>
    >>Requests to Weblogic SSL port should fail already unless they are sent
    >>over SSL.
    >>I believe the SSL plugin also accepts SSL connections only. Or you are
    >>asking
    >>about your webserver configuration?
    >>
    >>Pavel.
    >>
    >>"jen" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>I have wls7.0 with plugin, and ssl is installed on web server, how

    >can
    >>>I enforce
    >>>the request be under ssl?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

  5. Re: how to force the request to be ssl

    even I can enable the ssl on wls, but the request already been accepted by web
    server which could be in clear http, ideally I would like to specify part of jsp/servlet
    to use ssl on web server, how can I do that?
    Thanks

    "Pavel" wrote:

    >Applications deployed on WLS can be configured in the descriptor to use
    >SSL.
    >See the description of the tag here
    >http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/web...l.html#1017885
    >In order to use this you'd need to enable WLS SSL port.
    >
    >Pavel.
    >

    >"jen" wrote:
    >>
    >>I have both 80 and 443 enabled on webserver, but didn't specify what
    >>content to
    >>use ssl. most of my content comes from wls, and some of them doesn't
    >>need ssl
    >>like faq stuff. and I don't have ssl on wls. In this situation, user
    >>could come
    >>to site either with or without ssl by calling the jsps. I would like
    >>to force
    >>the user to use ssl for part of my site, how can i do that?
    >>Thanks
    >>

    >>"Pavel" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Requests to Weblogic SSL port should fail already unless they are sent
    >>>over SSL.
    >>>I believe the SSL plugin also accepts SSL connections only. Or you

    >are
    >>>asking
    >>>about your webserver configuration?
    >>>
    >>>Pavel.

    >>can

  6. Re: how to force the request to be ssl

    The webserver might allow to specify which files can be accessed via which port.
    This would depend on the webserver you are using.
    You might want to crosspost this in weblogic.developer.interest.plugin group as
    well.

    Pavel.

    "Jen" wrote:

    >even I can enable the ssl on wls, but the request already been accepted
    >by web
    >server which could be in clear http, ideally I would like to specify
    >part of jsp/servlet
    >to use ssl on web server, how can I do that?
    >Thanks
    >
    >"Pavel" wrote:
    >>
    >>Applications deployed on WLS can be configured in the descriptor to

    >use
    >>SSL.
    >>See the description of the tag here
    >>http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/web...l.html#1017885
    >>In order to use this you'd need to enable WLS SSL port.
    >>
    >>Pavel.
    >>

    >>"jen" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I have both 80 and 443 enabled on webserver, but didn't specify what
    >>>content to
    >>>use ssl. most of my content comes from wls, and some of them doesn't
    >>>need ssl
    >>>like faq stuff. and I don't have ssl on wls. In this situation, user
    >>>could come
    >>>to site either with or without ssl by calling the jsps. I would like
    >>>to force
    >>>the user to use ssl for part of my site, how can i do that?
    >>>Thanks

    >sent

    >>are

    >>>can