Re: How to rename the default "Anonymous" global role? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: How to rename the default "Anonymous" global role? - Weblogic ; "ravi" wrote: > >I would like the rename the default "Anonymous" global role to "guest". > Is this >possible? > >Thanks >-Ravi Hi Ravi, We do not support renaming roles, because renaming a role would require to update all the ...

  1. Re: How to rename the default "Anonymous" global role?

    "ravi" wrote:

    >I would like the rename the default "Anonymous" global role to "guest".
    > Is this
    >possible?
    >
    >Thanks
    >-Ravi

    Hi Ravi,

    We do not support renaming roles, because renaming a role would require to update
    all the policies where the old role name was used. But out of the box I do not
    think we give any premission to Anonymous, so you could probably just create a
    global role guest, and set its policy to include group everyone (this is the Anonymous
    default policy) and then use guest in your new policies.

    Carmen

  2. Re: How to rename the default "Anonymous" global role?

    "Carmen" wrote:

    >"ravi" wrote:
    >>
    >>I would like the rename the default "Anonymous" global role to "guest".
    >> Is this
    >>possible?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>-Ravi

    >Hi Ravi,
    >
    >We do not support renaming roles, because renaming a role would require
    >to update
    >all the policies where the old role name was used. But out of the box
    >I do not
    >think we give any premission to Anonymous, so you could probably just
    >create a
    >global role guest, and set its policy to include group everyone (this
    >is the Anonymous
    >default policy) and then use guest in your new policies.
    >
    >Carmen

    Carmen:

    As you know previously, the default anonymous user name "guest" would be assigned
    the role "guest". All of our ejb's have these in the ejb-jar.xml file. However,
    now the default user is "anonymous" and the role is "anonymous". While we can
    override the user name to be "guest", we need a way to override the default role
    name to "guest". Your previous suggestion of creating a new global role called
    "guest" - does not work. Even if you have a new global role called "guest", the
    user guest still is only assigned the role of "anonymous". All of the obvious
    suggestions you have made in the this message and to my previous message, I have
    tried, but it does not work.

  3. Re: How to rename the default "Anonymous" global role?

    Based on what you posted for your ejb-jar and weblogic-ejb.jar files you have granted
    access to all the remote methods of MyMainEJB to the role guest and mapped that
    role to the principal guest. What are your intended access restrictions?

    Assuming you truly want anyone to access this EJB then you can remove the security
    constraint (the default is to allow all access). Another option to allow all access
    is to add a group 'guest' then add the group 'everyone' to the group 'guest'.
    Whatever groups and/or users are part of the groups 'guest' will be granted access
    to the MyMainEJB.

    You cannot rename the Anonymous role. You can change it's meaning if you _really_
    desire but I would advise against that action.

    -Craig

    "ravi" wrote:

    >"Carmen" wrote:
    >>
    >>"ravi" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I would like the rename the default "Anonymous" global role to "guest".
    >>> Is this
    >>>possible?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>-Ravi

    >>Hi Ravi,
    >>
    >>We do not support renaming roles, because renaming a role would require
    >>to update
    >>all the policies where the old role name was used. But out of the box
    >>I do not
    >>think we give any premission to Anonymous, so you could probably just
    >>create a
    >>global role guest, and set its policy to include group everyone (this
    >>is the Anonymous
    >>default policy) and then use guest in your new policies.
    >>
    >>Carmen
    >>

    >Carmen:
    >
    >As you know previously, the default anonymous user name "guest" would
    >be assigned
    >the role "guest". All of our ejb's have these in the ejb-jar.xml file.
    > However,
    >now the default user is "anonymous" and the role is "anonymous". While
    >we can
    >override the user name to be "guest", we need a way to override the default
    >role
    >name to "guest". Your previous suggestion of creating a new global role
    >called
    >"guest" - does not work. Even if you have a new global role called "guest",
    >the
    >user guest still is only assigned the role of "anonymous". All of the
    >obvious
    >suggestions you have made in the this message and to my previous message,
    >I have
    >tried, but it does not work.

  4. Re: How to rename the default "Anonymous" global role?

    "ravi" wrote:

    >"Carmen" wrote:
    >>
    >>"ravi" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I would like the rename the default "Anonymous" global role to "guest".
    >>> Is this
    >>>possible?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>-Ravi

    >>Hi Ravi,
    >>
    >>We do not support renaming roles, because renaming a role would require
    >>to update
    >>all the policies where the old role name was used. But out of the box
    >>I do not
    >>think we give any premission to Anonymous, so you could probably just
    >>create a
    >>global role guest, and set its policy to include group everyone (this
    >>is the Anonymous
    >>default policy) and then use guest in your new policies.
    >>
    >>Carmen
    >>

    >Carmen:
    >
    >As you know previously, the default anonymous user name "guest" would
    >be assigned
    >the role "guest". All of our ejb's have these in the ejb-jar.xml file.
    > However,
    >now the default user is "anonymous" and the role is "anonymous". While
    >we can
    >override the user name to be "guest", we need a way to override the default
    >role
    >name to "guest". Your previous suggestion of creating a new global role
    >called
    >"guest" - does not work. Even if you have a new global role called "guest",
    >the
    >user guest still is only assigned the role of "anonymous". All of the
    >obvious
    >suggestions you have made in the this message and to my previous message,
    >I have
    >tried, but it does not work.

+ Reply to Thread