Re: Weblogic MBeanMaker and Sun JDK 1.4.2 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: Weblogic MBeanMaker and Sun JDK 1.4.2 - Weblogic ; Hi Deyan, We have almost the same problem with an ant task to start a Weblogic Server. Our Ant Task starts any problem with the java version 1.4.1_05 but we have the same error message "Invalid initial heap size: -Xms32m ...

  1. Re: Weblogic MBeanMaker and Sun JDK 1.4.2

    Hi Deyan,

    We have almost the same problem with an ant task to start a Weblogic Server.

    Our Ant Task starts any problem with the java version 1.4.1_05 but we have the
    same error message "Invalid initial heap size: -Xms32m -Xmx200m Could not create
    the Java virtual machine." when we uses the java version 1.4.2.

    Thanks help us to find a solution.

    "Deyan D. Bektchiev" wrote:
    >I just upgraded the JVM in my development environment to 1.4.2_04 and
    >
    >the Weblogic MBeanMaker no longer works.
    >
    >Has anyone seen this?
    >
    >The configuration is as follows:
    >WLS 8.1 SP2
    >JDK 1.4.2_04
    >Windows 2000
    >
    >The build script is Ant driven and I verified that if I return to
    >1.4.1_06 it works fine and the MBean jar file is created.
    >
    >Here is the relevant xml file from the Ant script and the error that
    >I get:
    >

    > >fork="true" failonerror="true">

    >build.mjf:
    > [echo] Generating MJF file: X:/release/CustomWeblogicProviders.jar
    > [java] Compiling the files...
    > [java] About to compile with arguments:
    > [java] -g -d X:/release/lib/build_mb
    > [java] javac: no source files
    > [java] Usage: javac
    > [java] where possible options include:
    > [java] -g Generate all debugging info
    > [java] -g:none Generate no debugging info
    > [java] -g:{lines,vars,source} Generate only some debugging
    >info
    > [java] -nowarn Generate no warnings
    > [java] -verbose Output messages about what the
    >
    >compiler is doing
    > [java] -deprecation Output source locations where
    >
    >deprecated APIs are used
    > [java] -classpath Specify where to find user class
    >
    >files
    > [java] -sourcepath Specify where to find input
    >source files
    > [java] -bootclasspath Override location of bootstrap
    >
    >class files
    > [java] -extdirs Override location of installed
    >
    >extensions
    > [java] -d Specify where to place generated
    >
    >class files
    > [java] -encoding Specify character encoding used
    >
    >by source files
    > [java] Compiling these files (debug)Exec failed .. exiting
    > [java] -source Provide source compatibility
    >
    >with specified release
    > [java] -target Generate class files for
    >specific VM version
    > [java] -help Print a synopsis of standard
    >options
    >

    >--dejan

  2. Re: Weblogic MBeanMaker and Sun JDK 1.4.2

    Sebastian,

    Your problem might be much simpler than you think. Just set your minimum
    heap size to be equal to the maximum and then try it again.
    It could be that the minimum heap size allowed values was changed.

    Regards,
    Dejan

    Seb wrote:

    >Hi Deyan,
    >
    >We have almost the same problem with an ant task to start a Weblogic Server.
    >
    >Our Ant Task starts any problem with the java version 1.4.1_05 but we have the
    >same error message "Invalid initial heap size: -Xms32m -Xmx200m Could not create
    >the Java virtual machine." when we uses the java version 1.4.2.
    >
    >Thanks help us to find a solution.
    >
    >"Deyan D. Bektchiev" wrote:
    >

    >>I just upgraded the JVM in my development environment to 1.4.2_04 and
    >>
    >>the Weblogic MBeanMaker no longer works.
    >>
    >>Has anyone seen this?
    >>
    >>The configuration is as follows:
    >>WLS 8.1 SP2
    >>JDK 1.4.2_04
    >>Windows 2000
    >>
    >>The build script is Ant driven and I verified that if I return to
    >>1.4.1_06 it works fine and the MBean jar file is created.
    >>
    >>Here is the relevant xml file from the Ant script and the error that
    >>I get:

    >>build.mjf:
    >> [echo] Generating MJF file: X:/release/CustomWeblogicProviders.jar
    >> [java] Compiling the files...
    >> [java] About to compile with arguments:
    >> [java] -g -d X:/release/lib/build_mb
    >> [java] javac: no source files
    >> [java] Usage: javac
    >> [java] where possible options include:
    >> [java] -g Generate all debugging info
    >> [java] -g:none Generate no debugging info
    >> [java] -g:{lines,vars,source} Generate only some debugging
    >>info
    >> [java] -nowarn Generate no warnings
    >> [java] -verbose Output messages about what the
    >>
    >>compiler is doing
    >> [java] -deprecation Output source locations where
    >>
    >>deprecated APIs are used
    >> [java] -classpath Specify where to find user class
    >>
    >>files
    >> [java] -sourcepath Specify where to find input
    >>source files
    >> [java] -bootclasspath Override location of bootstrap
    >>
    >>class files
    >> [java] -extdirs Override location of installed
    >>
    >>extensions
    >> [java] -d Specify where to place generated
    >>
    >>class files
    >> [java] -encoding Specify character encoding used
    >>
    >>by source files
    >> [java] Compiling these files (debug)Exec failed .. exiting
    >> [java] -source Provide source compatibility
    >>
    >>with specified release
    >> [java] -target Generate class files for
    >>specific VM version
    >> [java] -help Print a synopsis of standard
    >>options
    >>

    >>--dejan

  3. Re: Weblogic MBeanMaker and Sun JDK 1.4.2

    I think, this is a bug between the jvm from Sun and the Ant Task because I have
    tried without the Server, and I have not this problem.

    I have tried with a lot of values, for exemple :

    -Xms32m -Xmx200m
    -Xms64m -Xmx200m
    -Xms128m -Xmx200m
    -Xms128m -Xmx128m
    -Xms256m -Xmx256m
    -Xms512m -Xmx512m

    If the virtual machine need up than 512, there is a problem somewhere !!!

    And I have not this problem with the previous version 1.4.1_05.

    I have also tried with just the max value, -Xmx200m, I have no problem. And with
    just the min value, I have the following message Too small initial heap, else
    with 512.

    This is impossible to have not enough memory with 512 MB.

    How has you resolved your problem ???

    Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread