Trying to catch login exception when password expires in IPlanet - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Trying to catch login exception when password expires in IPlanet - Weblogic ; Hi all I am running Weblogic 8.1 and I am trying to write a logon web client. I am using the IPlanet Authentication Provider. We would like to implement the password expiration on the LDAP server. The logon client works ...

  1. Trying to catch login exception when password expires in IPlanet

    Hi all

    I am running Weblogic 8.1 and I am trying to write a logon web client.
    I am using the IPlanet Authentication Provider. We would like to
    implement the password expiration on the LDAP server. The logon client
    works fine for a successful logon, throws a FailedLoginException with an
    invalid username/password, throws a LoginException with to many failed
    logon attempts. When I test an expired password, it should throw an
    AccountExpiredException but the logon succeeds. Is their something else
    I need to do? I can get this to work with the IPlanet API. Code is
    below. Thanks.

    try {
    CallbackHandler handler = new URLCallbackHandler(username,
    password);
    Subject mySubject = Authentication.login(handler);

    } catch (CredentialExpiredException e) {
    errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, new
    ActionError("error.login.credentialexpired"));
    } catch (AccountExpiredException e) {
    errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, new
    ActionError("error.login.passwordexpired"));
    } catch (FailedLoginException e) {
    errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, new
    ActionError("error.login.invalidusernamepassword"));
    } catch (LoginException e) {
    errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, new
    ActionError("error.login.lockout",e.getLocalizedMessage()));
    }

  2. Re: Trying to catch login exception when password expires in IPlanet

    wrote in message news:3ffeffd2@newsgroups.bea.com...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I am running Weblogic 8.1 and I am trying to write a logon web client.
    > I am using the IPlanet Authentication Provider. We would like to
    > implement the password expiration on the LDAP server. The logon client
    > works fine for a successful logon, throws a FailedLoginException with an
    > invalid username/password, throws a LoginException with to many failed
    > logon attempts. When I test an expired password, it should throw an
    > AccountExpiredException but the logon succeeds. Is their something else
    > I need to do? I can get this to work with the IPlanet API. Code is
    > below. Thanks.

    The LDAP provider binds to the external LDAP server. It sounds like the ldap
    server
    is not throwing an exception. Are you sure the password has expired?

    I would turn on DebugSecurityAtn="true" attribute in the ServerDebug Mbean
    and then
    look at the ldap_trace.log file for the results from the bind operation.

    You could also use an ldap browser and try the bind operation outside of WLS
    and see
    if you get the error result for the expired password error.

  3. Re: Trying to catch login exception when password expires in IPlanet

    Hi,

    How I configure weblogic expiration password in weblogic 9.2?

    Thanks all.

+ Reply to Thread