Weblogic security recommendation - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Weblogic security recommendation - Weblogic ; Hi, My company are planning an upgrade from 6.1 to 8.1. We had begun to use the rdbmsrealm on 6.1 but it seems 8.1 comes with LDAP. Is LDAP the recommended security implementation for Weblogic 8.1? A new requirement is ...

  1. Weblogic security recommendation

    Hi,

    My company are planning an upgrade from 6.1 to 8.1. We had begun to
    use the rdbmsrealm on 6.1 but it seems 8.1 comes with LDAP. Is LDAP
    the recommended security implementation for Weblogic 8.1?

    A new requirement is for multiple administrators administrating
    different groups of users. It seems this facility does not come with
    Weblogic Server nor Portal. Is there a package which would allow us
    to do this?

    thanks

    Martin

  2. Re: Weblogic security recommendation

    Martin,

    8.1 comes with an example rdbmsRealm that you can use for the purpose you state.

    If you go to 8.1 help and type in RDBMS Realm, all the info is there.
    The instructions are not great, if you get stuck, drop me an email.

    Steve

    mjdenham@ntlworld.com (Martin) wrote in message news:<66a027fb.0310270857.56ba8be3@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > My company are planning an upgrade from 6.1 to 8.1. We had begun to
    > use the rdbmsrealm on 6.1 but it seems 8.1 comes with LDAP. Is LDAP
    > the recommended security implementation for Weblogic 8.1?
    >
    > A new requirement is for multiple administrators administrating
    > different groups of users. It seems this facility does not come with
    > Weblogic Server nor Portal. Is there a package which would allow us
    > to do this?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Martin

+ Reply to Thread