getAuthenticatedUser in 8.1 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on getAuthenticatedUser in 8.1 - Weblogic ; I am upgrading from WLS 6.1 to 8.1 and need to find out where javax.security.auth.Subject.getAuthenticatedUser method which was defined in weblogic.jar of 6.1 is in 8.1? According to documentation security classes are now in jdk 1.4. 1.4 does have a ...

  1. getAuthenticatedUser in 8.1

    I am upgrading from WLS 6.1 to 8.1 and need to find out where javax.security.auth.Subject.getAuthenticatedUser method which was defined in weblogic.jar of 6.1 is in 8.1? According to documentation security classes are now in jdk 1.4. 1.4 does have a Subject class but not a getAuthenticatedUser method. Any help is appreciated.

    Regards
    Mehrshad

  2. Re: getAuthenticatedUser in 8.1

    "Mehrshad Setayesh" wrote in message
    > I am upgrading from WLS 6.1 to 8.1 and need to find out where

    javax.security.auth.Subject.getAuthenticatedUser method which was defined
    in weblogic.jar of 6.1 is in 8.1? According to documentation security
    classes are now in jdk 1.4. 1.4 does have a Subject class but not a
    getAuthenticatedUser method. Any help is appreciated.

    The Subject class in 6.1 was an early version of the std implementation. In
    8.1, the std implementation
    is part of the JDK. It looks like there were some weblogic specific methods
    (getAuthenticatedUser)
    were added to Subject. I think they should have been made private. You may
    be able to use
    the getCurrentUser method.

+ Reply to Thread