WLS 8.1, Active Directory, search request hangs - Weblogic

This is a discussion on WLS 8.1, Active Directory, search request hangs - Weblogic ; Hi, I've configured the AD authentication provider for WLS 8.1 and everything seems fine. The AD users are authenticated successfully and displayed under "users" in the web console, but when I click on "groups" the console application hangs. I can ...

  1. WLS 8.1, Active Directory, search request hangs

    Hi,

    I've configured the AD authentication provider for WLS 8.1 and everything seems fine. The AD users are authenticated successfully and displayed under "users" in the web console, but when I click on "groups" the console application hangs.

    I can see from the debug trace that it returned something, but stops immediately after the request for the description of the first groups. The search expression looks correct.

    But, the "group" panel for the users works.

    The same effect occurs, if I widen the scope of the user search expression. Then the console hangs right after clicking the "users". Again, the last debug entry says, WLS tries to get a description for the user, but the user and the expression is correct.

    Has anyone an idea what's happening ?
    Is there some limitation in the amount of user or groups ?

    Stefan

  2. Re: WLS 8.1, Active Directory, search request hangs

    Stefan,

    This is a known issue. You can get the patch CR121664_81.jar and add it as the
    first entry of your classpath.

    If you are using WL Portal as well, you will notice that the portal admin Users
    & Groups page has some issues as well. BEA knows about this and are working on
    the fix. But getting the above mentioned jar file should get your WLS to work
    properly and get the authentication going.

    -Anant

    Stefan Krieger wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I've configured the AD authentication provider for WLS 8.1 and everything
    >seems fine. The AD users are authenticated successfully and displayed
    >under "users" in the web console, but when I click on "groups" the console
    >application hangs.
    >
    >I can see from the debug trace that it returned something, but stops
    >immediately after the request for the description of the first groups.
    >The search expression looks correct.
    >
    >But, the "group" panel for the users works.
    >
    >The same effect occurs, if I widen the scope of the user search expression.
    >Then the console hangs right after clicking the "users". Again, the
    >last debug entry says, WLS tries to get a description for the user,
    >but the user and the expression is correct.
    >
    >Has anyone an idea what's happening ?
    >Is there some limitation in the amount of user or groups ?
    >
    >Stefan

+ Reply to Thread