AuthFilter replacement? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on AuthFilter replacement? - Weblogic ; In weblogic 8.1sp1, what's the recommended approach for getting the depracated functionality of AuthFilter from a 2.3 servlet filter? I tried using a 2.3 servelt filter and mapping it to the j_security_check servlet, but the filter was never called. Any ...

  1. AuthFilter replacement?

    In weblogic 8.1sp1, what's the recommended approach for getting the
    depracated functionality of AuthFilter from a 2.3 servlet filter?

    I tried using a 2.3 servelt filter and mapping it to the j_security_check
    servlet, but the filter was never called. Any suggestions?

    Thanks.
    eric.

  2. Re: AuthFilter replacement?

    "Eric Mckenna" wrote in message
    > In weblogic 8.1sp1, what's the recommended approach for getting the
    > depracated functionality of AuthFilter from a 2.3 servlet filter?
    >
    > I tried using a 2.3 servelt filter and mapping it to the j_security_check
    > servlet, but the filter was never called. Any suggestions?

    An answer/questions to a similar question.

    It depends what they are using it for. Most of the functionality has been
    replaced by the security framework. For example, they can get control for
    any of the authentication or authorization operations by plugging in an
    auditor. They can also use the Servlet 2.3's Filter class to do most of the
    work.

    Does this cover the work they wish to do? If not, what is it they are trying
    to do?

+ Reply to Thread