Authentication Providers in Cluster - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Authentication Providers in Cluster - Weblogic ; Hi, I'm having hard time configuring a custom authentication provider to a WLS 7.0 cluster. I have witnesses the following: 1. When configuring a custom authentication provider from admin server (using console) everything goes fine, but the new provider does ...

  1. Authentication Providers in Cluster

    Hi,
    I'm having hard time configuring a custom authentication provider to a WLS 7.0
    cluster. I have witnesses the following:

    1. When configuring a custom authentication provider from admin server (using
    console) everything goes fine, but the new provider does not appear in the list
    of providers. This gicds no idea whether the provider is installed on not.
    2. If the provider implementation is missing in lib/mbeantypes, cluster nodes
    and admin server fails to start up. This is due the missing classes. This indicates
    that something has been installed.
    3. When accessing the cluster via Apache w WLS-plugin, Unauthorized page is shown
    as a response.
    4. When a single server is used instead of a cluster, everything works smoothly.

    Can anyone point to any documentation that gives at least an overview how e.g.
    authentication providers should be configured in a cluster

    regards,
    juha.

  2. Re: Authentication Providers in Cluster

    "Juha Räsänen" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > I'm having hard time configuring a custom authentication provider to a WLS

    7.0
    > cluster. I have witnesses the following:
    >
    > 1. When configuring a custom authentication provider from admin server

    (using
    > console) everything goes fine, but the new provider does not appear in the

    list
    > of providers. This gicds no idea whether the provider is installed on not.
    > 2. If the provider implementation is missing in lib/mbeantypes, cluster

    nodes
    > and admin server fails to start up. This is due the missing classes. This

    indicates
    > that something has been installed.
    > 3. When accessing the cluster via Apache w WLS-plugin, Unauthorized page

    is shown
    > as a response.
    > 4. When a single server is used instead of a cluster, everything works

    smoothly.

    > Can anyone point to any documentation that gives at least an overview how

    e.g.
    > authentication providers should be configured in a cluster

    The authentication providers are configured at the realm level which is
    domain wide. I can't
    think of anything that would be cluster specific. You may want to submit a
    support case
    with your environment.

+ Reply to Thread