Custom Authentication Provider in WLS8.1 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Custom Authentication Provider in WLS8.1 - Weblogic ; I used the sample Auth Provider from dev2dev site. I would like to use just the custom Authentication provider, so I deleted defaultAuthentication provider for my realm. After that I cannot start my WebLogic because of authorization issues. I created ...

  1. Custom Authentication Provider in WLS8.1

    I used the sample Auth Provider from dev2dev site. I would like to use just
    the custom Authentication provider, so I deleted defaultAuthentication
    provider for my realm. After that I cannot start my WebLogic because of
    authorization issues. I created groups and users (weblogic) in my custom
    authentication realm.
    When I turned on debug, It seems authorization manager denying 'weblogic'
    user to start the server.

    Why this is happening?

    ####
    < Kernel>> <> <000000> < non-null>
    ####
    < Kernel>> <> <000000> DENY>
    ####
    < Kernel>> <> <000000> adjudicated: false>

    Thanks
    David

  2. Re: Custom Authentication Provider in WLS8.1

    "beauser" wrote in message
    > I used the sample Auth Provider from dev2dev site. I would like to use

    just
    > the custom Authentication provider, so I deleted defaultAuthentication
    > provider for my realm. After that I cannot start my WebLogic because of
    > authorization issues. I created groups and users (weblogic) in my custom
    > authentication realm.
    > When I turned on debug, It seems authorization manager denying 'weblogic'
    > user to start the server.
    >
    > Why this is happening?

    The default policy for booting the server requires the user to be in the
    admin role. The default for the
    admin role is the user is in the administrators group. You can change the
    defaults for the policy and the
    role using the console.

+ Reply to Thread