Can we define different session time-outs for different user types in the DD? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Can we define different session time-outs for different user types in the DD? - Weblogic ; Hello, Do you know a way to specify different session time-outs in deployment descriptor for different users/roles? For example: Role-A should be invalidated after 10 minutes Role-B should be invalidated after 100 minutes Shortly, I would be grateful if you ...

  1. Can we define different session time-outs for different user types in the DD?

    Hello,

    Do you know a way to specify different session time-outs in deployment
    descriptor for different users/roles?

    For example:
    Role-A should be invalidated after 10 minutes
    Role-B should be invalidated after 100 minutes

    Shortly, I would be grateful if you can help,
    Fehmi.

  2. Re: Can we define different session time-outs for different user types in the DD?

    "Fehmi" wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >
    > Do you know a way to specify different session time-outs in deployment
    > descriptor for different users/roles?
    >
    > For example:
    > Role-A should be invalidated after 10 minutes
    > Role-B should be invalidated after 100 minutes

    I don't believe you can timeout a session based on a user or a role. I think
    you can just specify when
    all sessions timeout (via the session descriptor). But, you may want to ask
    in the weblogic.developer.interest.servlet newsgroup.

+ Reply to Thread