I have a similar problem. What I'm trying to do is use a different LoginModule for the IdentityAsserter that I coded. I returned the AppConfigurationEntry using the method getAssertionModuleConfiguration of the AuthenticationProvider. I've also provided this LoginModule. This is not working, as the logs indicate that my my IdentityAsserterLoginModule is not being initialized.

Is there any other configuration needed to initialize the LoginModule for for IdentityAsserter. The security provider example uses the LoginModule of the AuthenticationProvider, but this is not what our need.

Please advise.