Deploy Custom Security Authenticator - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Deploy Custom Security Authenticator - Weblogic ; Hi, I have writted my own security authenticator and generated the mbean using the mbean maker and copied the jar to /server/lib/mbeantypes and configured it through the admin console and everything works perfect. Now the problem is .. we have ...

  1. Deploy Custom Security Authenticator

    Hi,

    I have writted my own security authenticator and generated the mbean using the
    mbean maker and copied the jar to /server/lib/mbeantypes and configured
    it through the admin console and everything works perfect. Now the problem is
    .. we have a customer who does not want us to modify their weblogic server installation
    .. I mean they don't want us to copy anything into their weblogic directories
    due to some restrictions. But for our software to work we need to use this custom
    authication mechanism. So my question is .. How can I deploy the custom mbean
    with out copying the jar to mbeantypes folder ? I can do anything with the domain
    I create, so is it possible to deploy the mbean by copying the jar to a directory
    under the domain I create ???

    Thanks a lot
    Prashanth

  2. Re: Deploy Custom Security Authenticator

    "Prashanth" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have writted my own security authenticator and generated the mbean using

    the
    > mbean maker and copied the jar to /server/lib/mbeantypes and

    configured
    > it through the admin console and everything works perfect. Now the problem

    is
    > . we have a customer who does not want us to modify their weblogic server

    installation
    > . I mean they don't want us to copy anything into their weblogic

    directories
    > due to some restrictions. But for our software to work we need to use this

    custom
    > authication mechanism. So my question is .. How can I deploy the custom

    mbean
    > with out copying the jar to mbeantypes folder ? I can do anything with the

    domain
    > I create, so is it possible to deploy the mbean by copying the jar to a

    directory
    > under the domain I create ???

    It is not currently configurable. There have been a lot of requests to allow
    this to be configurable.

+ Reply to Thread