Using SSL certificate for WLS 6.1 in WLS 7.0 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Using SSL certificate for WLS 6.1 in WLS 7.0 - Weblogic ; Hello, We just recently upgraded our WLP 4.0 (runs on WLS 6.1) to Platform 7.0. Can we still use the same SSL certificate with 7.0? I tried using the same cert and storing the private key in the default key ...

  1. Using SSL certificate for WLS 6.1 in WLS 7.0

    Hello,

    We just recently upgraded our WLP 4.0 (runs on WLS 6.1) to Platform 7.0. Can
    we still use the same SSL certificate with 7.0? I tried using the same cert
    and storing the private key in the default key store. But the server keep
    throwing an exception for an invalid password at the start up. Do I need to
    re-generate the request for the certificate in 7.0?

    Thank you,
    Makoto

  2. Re: Using SSL certificate for WLS 6.1 in WLS 7.0

    you should be able to use the same certificate.

    -kiran
    "Makoto Suzuki" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > We just recently upgraded our WLP 4.0 (runs on WLS 6.1) to Platform 7.0.

    Can
    > we still use the same SSL certificate with 7.0? I tried using the same

    cert
    > and storing the private key in the default key store. But the server keep
    > throwing an exception for an invalid password at the start up. Do I need

    > re-generate the request for the certificate in 7.0?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Makoto

  3. Re: Using SSL certificate for WLS 6.1 in WLS 7.0

    Thanks Kiran.

    "kirann" wrote in message
    > you should be able to use the same certificate.
    >
    > -kiran
    > "Makoto Suzuki" wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > We just recently upgraded our WLP 4.0 (runs on WLS 6.1) to Platform 7.0.

    > Can
    > > we still use the same SSL certificate with 7.0? I tried using the same

    > cert
    > > and storing the private key in the default key store. But the server

    keep
    > > throwing an exception for an invalid password at the start up. Do I need

    > > re-generate the request for the certificate in 7.0?
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > > Makoto

+ Reply to Thread