Question about security and Message Driven Beans - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Question about security and Message Driven Beans - Weblogic ; Hey, I just found out that you can not call isCallerInRole on the EJBContext from a message driven bean. 1.. Is this a spec issue or WLS issue? 2.. How can you make a call in a business class to ...

  1. Question about security and Message Driven Beans

    Hey,

    I just found out that you can not call isCallerInRole on the EJBContext from
    a message driven bean.

    1.. Is this a spec issue or WLS issue?
    2.. How can you make a call in a business class to check roles if that
    business class is called from a message driven bean. What am I missing

    Scott

  2. Re: Question about security and Message Driven Beans

    In you custom class you can use weblgoic.security.Security.getCurrentSubject
    to get the subject and you can use mbeans to get the rolemapper and
    determine whether user is in specifi role/not.

    thanks
    kiran

    "Scott Jones" wrote in message
    > Hey,
    >

    > I just found out that you can not call isCallerInRole on the EJBContext

    from
    > a message driven bean.
    >

    > 1.. Is this a spec issue or WLS issue?
    > 2.. How can you make a call in a business class to check roles if that
    > business class is called from a message driven bean. What am I missing
    >

    > Scott

+ Reply to Thread