How can RoleMapper and Authorization providers be called from application code? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on How can RoleMapper and Authorization providers be called from application code? - Weblogic ; "isUserInRole" is available in EJB and Web-application contexts. This goes to the RoleMapping provider. How can I call the Authorization providers or make a FULL authorization check (rolemapper + authorization + adjudication) "manually" from my application (JSP, EJB) code? I ...

  1. How can RoleMapper and Authorization providers be called from application code?

    "isUserInRole" is available in EJB and Web-application contexts. This goes to the
    RoleMapping provider.

    How can I call the Authorization providers or make a FULL authorization check
    (rolemapper + authorization + adjudication) "manually" from my application (JSP,
    EJB) code?

    I know it's possible with the Authorization-class in P13N package when using the
    Portal but isn't that portal-specific functionality? I need to be able to do this
    with a non-portal Weblogic Server.

  2. Re: How can RoleMapper and Authorization providers be called from application code?

    "Pete Hakkarainen" wrote in message

    > "isUserInRole" is available in EJB and Web-application contexts. This goes

    to the
    > RoleMapping provider.
    >
    > How can I call the Authorization providers or make a FULL authorization

    check
    > (rolemapper + authorization + adjudication) "manually" from my application

    (JSP,
    > EJB) code?
    >
    > I know it's possible with the Authorization-class in P13N package when

    using the
    > Portal but isn't that portal-specific functionality? I need to be able to

    do this
    > with a non-portal Weblogic Server.

    This is not currently possible with WLS. There is no public api to define
    your own resources
    or manually call isAccessAllowed on container resources.

+ Reply to Thread