I need to (programatically) allow application users to change their own passwords,
using the default realm in WLS8.1

I have tried using the UserPasswordEditorMBean.changePassword() method, but this
throws an exception stating the the user does not have the priviliges the change
their own password - HOW MAD IS THIS!!!???

Anyway, I need a way round this. I think the solution has something to do this
calling the change password method from within a 'runAs()' (or doAs()??) wrapper.
If so, how do I get the server to think it is its in 'admin mode' ?

Thanks in advance.

cheers

Paul