custom authentication in WL 8.1 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on custom authentication in WL 8.1 - Weblogic ; I have a web app that uses BASIC authentication. What I want is for the standard web app login box to be used, but then I want to use a custom database table to verify the username password. How do ...

  1. custom authentication in WL 8.1

    I have a web app that uses BASIC authentication.
    What I want is for the standard web app login box to be used,
    but then I want to use a custom database table to verify the username password.
    How do I do this in weblogic 8.1.

  2. Re: custom authentication in WL 8.1

    "beaglebuddy" wrote in message

    > I have a web app that uses BASIC authentication.
    > What I want is for the standard web app login box to be used,
    > but then I want to use a custom database table to verify the username

    password.
    > How do I do this in weblogic 8.1.

    On dev2dev, there is a sample dbms authentication provider that you can use
    as a starting point
    for a custom provider. You then configure this authentication provider in
    WLS and authentication
    will be handled by your provider.

+ Reply to Thread