How do I restore security to default settings in WLS7.0 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on How do I restore security to default settings in WLS7.0 - Weblogic ; Help! I blew it when configuring a new Authentication Provider in WLS 7.0 and now my server won't start. How can I change security settings back to the default "out of the box" state without using the admin console. I ...

  1. How do I restore security to default settings in WLS7.0

    Help! I blew it when configuring a new Authentication Provider in WLS 7.0 and now
    my server won't start. How can I change security settings back to the default
    "out of the box" state without using the admin console. I don't see my new authentication
    provider info in config.xml. Where are those settings? If you must know, I get
    a security authentication exception on start up because the weblogic admin user
    is not set up in my new LDAP provider and I don't currently have access to this
    to add it, so I want to bail and do it another time. Any insight would be greatly
    appreciated!

    -Scott

  2. Re: How do I restore security to default settings in WLS7.0

    Scott,
    Are you using any service pack, sp1? If yes, you can use the
    -Dweblogic.safeCommoBoot = true to start your server. This will start
    the server with the security settings that were used when the server
    started successfully. If you do not have any service pack, the best way
    to get back to OOTB security settings is to blow the userConfig
    directory under your domain directory.
    Hope it helped.

    -satya

    Scott McNamara wrote:
    > Help! I blew it when configuring a new Authentication Provider in WLS 7.0 and now
    > my server won't start. How can I change security settings back to the default
    > "out of the box" state without using the admin console. I don't see my new authentication
    > provider info in config.xml. Where are those settings? If you must know, I get
    > a security authentication exception on start up because the weblogic admin user
    > is not set up in my new LDAP provider and I don't currently have access to this
    > to add it, so I want to bail and do it another time. Any insight would be greatly
    > appreciated!
    >
    > -Scott

+ Reply to Thread