JAAS configuration question - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JAAS configuration question - Weblogic ; Hello, I have configured a set of authentication providers for "myrealm" and those are working fine for web applications depoloyed on the server. Now I want to write a web service that resides on the server and provides authentication services ...

  1. JAAS configuration question

    Hello,

    I have configured a set of authentication providers for "myrealm" and
    those are working fine for web applications depoloyed on the server.

    Now I want to write a web service that resides on the server and
    provides authentication services to other apps by using the same JAAS
    configuration. So I am trying to instantiate a LoginContext in the
    service. What is the applicationname I should be using in LoginContext
    instantiation? In other words, under what application name is
    "myrealm" JAAS configuration stored?

    Thanks

  2. Re: JAAS configuration question

    Hi Anonymous, -
    You'll need to create a new JAAS configuration for this that uses the
    same login module or the Weblogic UsernamePasswordLoginModule (the
    second is better since it will work both from within the server and any
    Java clients with the same configuration).

    --dejan

    Anonymous wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I have configured a set of authentication providers for "myrealm" and
    >those are working fine for web applications depoloyed on the server.
    >
    >Now I want to write a web service that resides on the server and
    >provides authentication services to other apps by using the same JAAS
    >configuration. So I am trying to instantiate a LoginContext in the
    >service. What is the applicationname I should be using in LoginContext
    >instantiation? In other words, under what application name is
    >"myrealm" JAAS configuration stored?
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread