Active Directory Authentication - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Active Directory Authentication - Weblogic ; I am trying to integrate BEA WLS 8.1 with MS AD Windows 2000 advanced server. I have enabled Debug and set the security debug flags and can see the output from the WLS as it trys to authenticate users (and ...

  1. Active Directory Authentication

    I am trying to integrate BEA WLS 8.1 with MS AD Windows 2000 advanced server.
    I have enabled Debug and set the security debug flags and can see the output
    from the WLS as it trys to authenticate users (and the admin user when the WLS
    starts up). I can see the successful bind to the AD LDAP on port 389 but when
    WLS
    trys to authenticate the admin user (or any other user) the authentication fails.
    I know
    where the problem is: the DN for the user does not include the identity of the
    user attempting
    to log in. For example, when with the embedded LDAP I get the following:

    but when it attempts the search for user admin in the AD LDAP here is what I get:

    my LDAP DN where my users are located are in ou=Accounts in the mycompany.com
    domain

    It is obvious that BEA is not extracting the user's identification and adding
    it to the DN search path
    for the AD LDAP search.

    any ideas on what I should try?

  2. Re: Active Directory Authentication

    "Doug Lowe" wrote in message

    > I am trying to integrate BEA WLS 8.1 with MS AD Windows 2000 advanced

    server.
    > I have enabled Debug and set the security debug flags and can see the

    output
    > from the WLS as it trys to authenticate users (and the admin user when the

    WLS
    > starts up). I can see the successful bind to the AD LDAP on port 389 but

    when

    > any ideas on what I should try?

    Do you have a %u in your users from name filter?

+ Reply to Thread