Default realm in a domain - Re posting the message - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Default realm in a domain - Re posting the message - Weblogic ; Hi, My weblogic domain is supposed to use default realm for all the web applications except one. I have created a custom db based realm (by name SlideRealm) for this one web application using custom authentication, authorization and rolemapper providers. ...

  1. Default realm in a domain - Re posting the message

    Hi,

    My weblogic domain is supposed to use default realm for all the web
    applications
    except one. I have created a custom db based realm (by name
    SlideRealm) for this one web application using custom authentication,
    authorization and rolemapper providers.

    Using admin console, I have also configured this webapplication to use
    my custom realm.

    When I try to access this web application, I get an authentication pop
    up which says, - Realm:SlideRealm - which means that weblogic is
    trying to authenticate against SlideRealm correctly. But all my login
    attemts fails. I see logs stating as follows in the weblogic server
    log - "User in realm myrealm had 5 invalid login attempts. ...." I can
    login using a user id/pass of myrealm.

    Looks like the actual authentication for SlideRealm is still happening
    in the context of the default realm (myrealm)because when I changed
    the default realm to "SlideRealm", everything started working.

    Any idea why this happens? I wanted the actual authentication for
    SlideRealm to use the authentictaion provider which I wrote. AFAIK i
    have configured all the security providers for the SlideRealm
    correctly.

    Is it not possible for a webapplication to use its own realm and not
    use the default realm at all?

    I also read that only one realm can be active for a domain, which
    means a single web application in a domain cannot have a separate
    realm. In that case, the only way is to specify the custom realm as
    "default" ??

    Also, can I specify the custom realm as the default one, before
    starting the Weblogic server for the first time ? As i understand,
    when I start the server for the first time, it takes "myrealm" as the
    default. After that I need to add this new realm and make it the
    default one and re-start the server. Is there anyway I can do this
    before I start the server for the first time ??

    I would really appreciate any feedback

    -Jeeji

  2. Re: Default realm in a domain - Re posting the message

    "Jeeji" wrote in message
    news:8b00e6ae.0308050106.543f8d47@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi,
    >
    > My weblogic domain is supposed to use default realm for all the web
    > applications
    > except one. I have created a custom db based realm (by name
    > SlideRealm) for this one web application using custom authentication,
    > authorization and rolemapper providers.
    >
    > Using admin console, I have also configured this webapplication to use
    > my custom realm.
    >
    > When I try to access this web application, I get an authentication pop
    > up which says, - Realm:SlideRealm - which means that weblogic is
    > trying to authenticate against SlideRealm correctly. But all my login
    > attemts fails. I see logs stating as follows in the weblogic server
    > log - "User in realm myrealm had 5 invalid login attempts. ...." I can
    > login using a user id/pass of myrealm.
    >
    > Looks like the actual authentication for SlideRealm is still happening
    > in the context of the default realm (myrealm)because when I changed
    > the default realm to "SlideRealm", everything started working.
    >
    > Any idea why this happens? I wanted the actual authentication for
    > SlideRealm to use the authentictaion provider which I wrote. AFAIK i
    > have configured all the security providers for the SlideRealm
    > correctly.
    >
    > Is it not possible for a webapplication to use its own realm and not
    > use the default realm at all?

    In 7.0 and 8.1, only one realm can be active at a time.

    > I also read that only one realm can be active for a domain, which
    > means a single web application in a domain cannot have a separate
    > realm. In that case, the only way is to specify the custom realm as
    > "default" ??
    >
    > Also, can I specify the custom realm as the default one, before
    > starting the Weblogic server for the first time ? As i understand,
    > when I start the server for the first time, it takes "myrealm" as the
    > default. After that I need to add this new realm and make it the
    > default one and re-start the server. Is there anyway I can do this
    > before I start the server for the first time ??
    >
    > I would really appreciate any feedback
    >
    > -Jeeji

+ Reply to Thread