Support for alternate JCE providers - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Support for alternate JCE providers - Weblogic ; We need to use an alternate JCE provider for EJB clients that use SSL to connect to our server. After reading the documentation I found that WebLogic 8.1 supports the following two JCE providers: o The JDK JCE provider (SunJCE) ...

  1. Support for alternate JCE providers

    We need to use an alternate JCE provider for EJB clients that use SSL to connect
    to our server. After reading the documentation I found that WebLogic 8.1 supports
    the following two JCE providers:
    o The JDK JCE provider (SunJCE) in the JDK 1.4.1.
    o The nCipher JCE provider.

    Is there a mechanism for plugging in an alternate JCE provider or are we limited
    to the two choices listed above? I am specifically looking into how to plug-in
    the JSS library from mozilla.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Odysseas

  2. Re: Support for alternate JCE providers

    "Odysseas Pentakalos" wrote in message

    > We need to use an alternate JCE provider for EJB clients that use SSL to

    connect
    > to our server. After reading the documentation I found that WebLogic 8.1

    supports
    > the following two JCE providers:
    > o The JDK JCE provider (SunJCE) in the JDK 1.4.1.
    > o The nCipher JCE provider.
    >
    > Is there a mechanism for plugging in an alternate JCE provider or are we

    limited
    > to the two choices listed above? I am specifically looking into how to

    plug-in
    > the JSS library from mozilla.

    We have found that JCE providers are not really plug and play. There is
    always some
    difference in the implementation that requires some tweaks in the SSL code.

    You could try it out and see if you run into any problems. WLS
    uses the java.security file to configure JCE providers.

+ Reply to Thread