java.io.IOException: Alert: fatal bad_record_mac - Weblogic

This is a discussion on java.io.IOException: Alert: fatal bad_record_mac - Weblogic ; Hi all, All of a sudden, we started receiving the following error - java.io.IOException: Alert: fatal bad_record_mac at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLSocket.processAlert(SSLSo cket.java:1306) at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLSocket.processAlerts(SSLS ocket.java:1270) at weblogic.security.SSL.RecordInputStream.getData(Re cordInputStream.java:136) at weblogic.security.SSL.RecordInputStream.read(Recor dInputStream.java:54) at weblogic.security.SSL.RecordInputStream.read(Recor dInputStream.java:101) at weblogic.security.Utils.inputByte(Utils.java:131) at weblogic.security.SSL.ChangeCipherSpec.input(Chang eCipherSpec.java:38) at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLSocket.getChangeCipherSpe c(SSLSocket.java:1129) ...

  1. java.io.IOException: Alert: fatal bad_record_mac

    Hi all,

    All of a sudden, we started receiving the following error -

    java.io.IOException: Alert: fatal bad_record_mac
    at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLSocket.processAlert(SSLSo cket.java:1306)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLSocket.processAlerts(SSLS ocket.java:1270)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.RecordInputStream.getData(Re cordInputStream.java:136)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.RecordInputStream.read(Recor dInputStream.java:54)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.RecordInputStream.read(Recor dInputStream.java:101)
    at weblogic.security.Utils.inputByte(Utils.java:131)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.ChangeCipherSpec.input(Chang eCipherSpec.java:38)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLSocket.getChangeCipherSpe c(SSLSocket.java:1129)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLSocket.clientInit(SSLSock et.java:568)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLSocket.initialize(SSLSock et.java:270)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLSocket.(SSLSocket.java:216)
    at weblogic.security.SSL.SSLSocketFactory.createSocke t(SSLSocketFactory.java:50)
    at weblogic.net.http.HttpsClient.openServer(HttpsClie nt.java:105)
    at weblogic.net.http.HttpsClient.openServer(HttpsClie nt.java:194)
    at weblogic.net.http.HttpsClient.(HttpsClient.java:76)
    at weblogic.net.http.HttpsURLConnection.getHttpClient (HttpsURLConnection.java:149)
    at weblogic.net.http.HttpsURLConnection.connect(Https URLConnection.java:131)
    at weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStrea m(HttpURLConnection.java:160)
    at com.verizon.generic.GenBusOp.doPostString(GenBusOp .java:229)
    at com.verizon.utils.BPMBusOpsBean.doPostString(BPMBu sOpsBean.java:186)
    at com.verizon.utils.BPMBusOpsBean_4l5ar5_EOImpl.doPo stString(BPMBusOpsBean_4l5ar5_EOImpl.java:37)

    Nothing at all changed, I am looking for some help on how to proceed to investigate
    this problem.

    Can somebody please help me?

    Thanks,

    Srinivasa

  2. Re: java.io.IOException: Alert: fatal bad_record_mac

    )
    > at weblogic.net.http.HttpsClient.openServer(HttpsClie nt.java:105)
    > at weblogic.net.http.HttpsClient.openServer(HttpsClie nt.java:194)
    > at weblogic.net.http.HttpsClient.(HttpsClient.java:76)
    > at

    weblogic.net.http.HttpsURLConnection.getHttpClient (HttpsURLConnection.java:1
    49)
    > at

    weblogic.net.http.HttpsURLConnection.connect(Https URLConnection.java:131)
    > at

    weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStrea m(HttpURLConnection.java:1
    60)
    > at com.verizon.generic.GenBusOp.doPostString(GenBusOp .java:229)
    > at

    com.verizon.utils.BPMBusOpsBean.doPostString(BPMBu sOpsBean.java:186)
    > at

    com.verizon.utils.BPMBusOpsBean_4l5ar5_EOImpl.doPo stString(BPMBusOpsBean_4l5
    ar5_EOImpl.java:37)
    > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    >
    > Nothing at all changed, I am looking for some help on how to proceed to

    investigate
    > this problem.

    Turn on ssl debugging -Dssl.debug=true -Dweblogic.StdoutDebugEnabled=true
    and attach the log.

  3. Re: java.io.IOException: Alert: fatal bad_record_mac

    I realize this thread is pretty old, but I'm having the exact same issue. Did anyone ever find a solution?

    Regards,
    Greg

+ Reply to Thread