Help with HTTPS Connection - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Help with HTTPS Connection - Weblogic ; Here's my situation : I am attempting to connect to a SSL-enabled webserver via a servlet in WebLogic 7.0. The SSL-enabled webserver uses the Verisign certificate. I keep getting the following exception : java.io.IOException: Write Channel Closed, possible SSL handshaking ...

  1. Help with HTTPS Connection

    Here's my situation :

    I am attempting to connect to a SSL-enabled webserver via a servlet in WebLogic
    7.0.
    The SSL-enabled webserver uses the Verisign certificate.

    I keep getting the following exception :
    java.io.IOException: Write Channel Closed, possible SSL handshaking or trust failure
    at com.certicom.tls.record.WriteHandler.write(Unknown Source)
    at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.f ireAlertSent(Unknown
    Source)

    Having looked through the forums, I have already done the following :
    - Imported both the Verisign CA Root Cert and the Verisign Intermediate Cert into
    the
    WebLogic cacerts
    - Started the WebLogic server with the following options :
    -Dweblogic.security.SSL.trustedCAKeyStore=C:\bea\we blogic700\server\lib\cacerts
    -Dweblogic.security.SSL.ignoreHostnameVerification= true
    -Dweblogic.management.pkpassword=changeit

    Is there anything else I need to do?

    Thanks for any help!

  2. Re: Help with HTTPS Connection

    Turn on SSL debug, that should give more information about why it failed:

    -Dssl.debug=true -Dweblogic.StdoutDebugEnabled=true

    Tony

    "Tan Yok Hong" wrote in message

    > Here's my situation :
    >
    > I am attempting to connect to a SSL-enabled webserver via a servlet in

    WebLogic
    > 7.0.
    > The SSL-enabled webserver uses the Verisign certificate.
    >
    > I keep getting the following exception :
    > java.io.IOException: Write Channel Closed, possible SSL handshaking or

    trust failure
    > at com.certicom.tls.record.WriteHandler.write(Unknown Source)
    > at

    com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.f ireAlertSent(Unknown
    > Source)
    >
    > Having looked through the forums, I have already done the following :
    > - Imported both the Verisign CA Root Cert and the Verisign Intermediate

    Cert into
    > the
    > WebLogic cacerts
    > - Started the WebLogic server with the following options :
    > -Dweblogic.security.SSL.trustedCAKeyStore=C:\bea\we blogic700\server\lib\

    cacerts
    > -Dweblogic.security.SSL.ignoreHostnameVerification= true
    > -Dweblogic.management.pkpassword=changeit
    >
    > Is there anything else I need to do?
    >
    > Thanks for any help!

+ Reply to Thread